Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn...gotta go to traffic school.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by papadop88
If you're eligible for Traffic School (meaning you haven't had another citation within the last 18 mo's) and you accept to take traffic school, you still have to pay the fine but its wiped off of you're driving record and keeps your insurance low. If you're not eligible, the ticket goes on your record.

In LA County we have the choice of either going to an actual 8hr class or taking it online. I prefer online, since it only takes me about a couple of hours to do. Simple.

Good luck jbg! Can you at least go to comedy traffic school and get a laugh?
Down in Texas, we have a few other options that don't apply to keep your record clean, but if you opt for traffic school, there are a few "fees" that put money in the county coffers AND you get to pay for the traffic school class. The upside is that not only do you keep a clear driving record, but you also get a discount on your insurance for having taken the class.

I hate to admit it, but I have actually come out saving more money in insurance premiums than the court and class costs...

Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacon_Grease
I hate to admit it, but I have actually come out saving more money in insurance premiums than the court and class costs...
Bite me.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Tike71
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in OC and I took traffic school in Feb for a very stupid ticket. I thought it was gonna be very boring but my instructor turned out to be quite a comedian. Anyways the OC courts will be moving strictly to online traffic school in June I think so that's good news for future traffic violators lol.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by iron71tike
anyways the OC courts will be moving strictly to online traffic school in June I think so that's good news for future traffic violators lol.
Oh man...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for posting this thread, you just reminded me i needed to call my lawyer for a ticket i just got.... everything is good on there end so far

Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master

Originally Posted by jbg
Bite me.
Well, don't tell your insurance adjuster WHY you took the course, you knucklehaid!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by old skool1983
thanks for posting this thread, you just reminded me i needed to call my lawyer for a ticket i just got.... everything is good on there end so far
Well at least I'm not alone. I feel for you Old Skool!

Originally Posted by Bacon_Grease
Well, don't tell your insurance adjuster WHY you took the course, you knucklehaid!
They don't offer us discounts for going to traffic school here. They know that if you went...you had a ticket. In fact if you don't take care of it fast enough, and your renewal comes up, the insurance co see's it and dings you for it anyway.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master

Originally Posted by jbg
Well at least I'm not alone. I feel for you Old Skool!

They don't offer us discounts for going to traffic school here. They know that if you went...you had a ticket. In fact if you don't take care of it fast enough, and your renewal comes up, the insurance co see's it and dings you for it anyway.
Ah, the wonderful greatness of the People's Republic of California. I'm sorry that there aren't enough folks with common sense in that state to keep the nutjobs from making all the rules.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 PM
ResQer911
Cruiser

Sorry for the having to go to school thing...that truly bites...I just wanna know...was is the Softail or the Sporty that got ya in trouble?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
hollywood1959
Banned

Get a hoveround and lose the public defender! Just tell the court your not guilty! plea, I"m handicap it might work. I 've heard of 69 but not 79, boy did they get you, they owe you! best wishes, HOLLYWOOD

PS send me a postcard from the grand canyon with you on your hoveround!

Quick Reply: Damn...gotta go to traffic school.