Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My opinion on the sundowner seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Trigger1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My opinion on the sundowner seat

Because my back ached like nobody's business everytime after I ride, I put some new progressives on the back of my 883L and added a sundowner seat in hopes of smoothing out the ride and making riding a bit more enjoyable. The sundowner seat looks huge on the bike when compared to the stock solo seat, and will take some getting used to how it looks, but once you sit on that thing, its night and day difference in terms of comfort. I took a 45 minute ride with the old lady last night and I give the seat two thumbs up. I bought it used in perfection condition for $125 so feel pretty good about that deal. If any of you have considered a sundowner for 2-up riding, I don't think you'd be disappointed and I'd say is worth the money.

On a side note, after last night's ride, my wife says she much prefers riding on the back of a Harley versus the sports bikes I've had in the past because of the additional "vibration"!! Ha Ha ya gotta love a woman who points out the sometimes overlooked advantages of riding a Harley!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

If see loves the vibes now, just try this:
http://www.viberider.com/vibe_rider.asp

Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Trigger1
Intermediate

Ha Ha cHarley! I'm afraid if I had one of those I myself would never get any attention from the old lady. I laughed when i saw the viberider moto "Miles of Smiles!"

Thanks for posting -- that gave me a good chuckle!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

My wife's been looking for something like this for a while now! VERY COOL!

Oh yea... and as for the Sundowner... She went out and bought one on her own for me to install. She HATED the stock seat after she rode her first 200 mile day on it

Old 05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
tinman67
Tourer

Originally Posted by Trigger1
Because my back ached like nobody's business everytime after I ride, I put some new progressives on the back of my 883L and added a sundowner seat in hopes of smoothing out the ride and making riding a bit more enjoyable. The sundowner seat looks huge on the bike when compared to the stock solo seat, and will take some getting used to how it looks, but once you sit on that thing, its night and day difference in terms of comfort. I took a 45 minute ride with the old lady last night and I give the seat two thumbs up. I bought it used in perfection condition for $125 so feel pretty good about that deal. If any of you have considered a sundowner for 2-up riding, I don't think you'd be disappointed and I'd say is worth the money.

On a side note, after last night's ride, my wife says she much prefers riding on the back of a Harley versus the sports bikes I've had in the past because of the additional "vibration"!! Ha Ha ya gotta love a woman who points out the sometimes overlooked advantages of riding a Harley!
thanks for offering your opinion on the seat. I've been toying with the idea of a sundowner for my bike. Also looked at muustang and corbins (much more $$$). As far as the wife liking the vibes, I heard the same from mine

Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 PM
ResQer911
Cruiser

I love mine..wouldn't ride without it....my only complaints: doesn't fit snugly, doesn't fit well with the HD deatchable backrest, and it's BF ugly...but my butt loves it...whaddayado?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
willw
Cruiser

I got the Sundowner a couple of weeks ago and am still getting used to it. The weather has been, well it's Spring time. Anyways if the seat is installed the way it is supposed to be it will be very stable and not move. That is what I've experienced. I know the seat looks different cause of the extra padding I guess.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I found the seat raises me up to high... wish the rider seat was like factory in height... passenger seat is nice and comfy.. So I only put it on for those times I need to carry a passenger. Don't get me wrong... rider seat is comfy, but I simply don't like the higher ride height...

Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well you have two choices
1-Cool Factor
or
2-function (what work's)

i will take # 2 any day

Old 05-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Thornhammer
Tourer

I really liked the Sundowner on my Sportster. I had been trying to decide between a Mustang with backrest or the Sundowner, and ultimately went with the Sundowner and spent the extra on other goodies. Was exceedingly pleased with the Sundowner, would recommend it easily.

On the Dyna, though, I went with the Mustang with backrest. Oh, baby is that backrest nice.

Quick Reply: My opinion on the sundowner seat