Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of Damage to Medusa

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
soup
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pictures of Damage to Medusa

Went to the stealer today, this is what I saw. Talked to the service manager. He now says they don't know what caused this, or if they are gonna honor the warranty.

Last edited by soup; 05-05-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member

dam man, WTF, i would seriously write HD directly about this, these guys are bein some sreious ******, i won't pretend to know what the deal is with the pics, looks like yr jugs look good (can't tell if those lines are grooves in the jug or form oil residue just layin on there), or but yr pistons look fukt in the middle, but then again like i said i don't know engines.

did they say if it was just the pistons that where fukt? what is there take on it?

Last edited by old skool1983; 04-30-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
soup
Road Captain

The front cylinder is scored big time, the piston has a major amount of build up. I ran my hand along the inside of the jug and you could feel the grooves.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:27 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

That looks terrible, I can't imagine how pipes, AC and a programer would cause that kind of damage but I am not a mechanic.
I had a go-kart cylinder look like that once but it had lost oil pressure completely and got really really hot.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:31 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

What was the original problem?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 PM
soup
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 128auto
What was the original problem?
Running rough, back firing, loss of power.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
soup
Road Captain

As soon as he started talking sh-- about the PC I knew this was gonna go downhill. I reminded him again that the PC was installed on their recommendation because I was having power issues. I also informed him that the PC was only on the bike for 2wks, and during that time she was brought back to the shop at least twice. He then started to question the bugs eye air cleaner, again installed on their rec. because of sluggish response, only on the bike for a little more than a month or two. No way that damage is caused in such a short period of time. Then he says if MoCO won't honor the warranty he will eat 1/2 the cost!!! Are you fk--n kidding me? If I did not have Sean with me I would have definitely went ape sh-t, as it stands I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out on this. Either way this is not gonna end well for someone.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
PHAT A$$
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soup7562
The front cylinder is scored big time, the piston has a major amount of build up. I ran my hand along the inside of the jug and you could feel the grooves.
I'm no mechanic either but, that looks jacked up... I'd be PISSED!

Jason

Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 PM
PHAT A$$
Tourer

Originally Posted by soup7562
Went to the stealer today, this is what I saw. Talked to the service manager. He now says they don't know what caused this, or if they are gonna honor the warranty. Says that installing the Basanni pipes, air cleaner and PC voided the warranty. When I reminded him that they were installed by them, on their recommendation his reply was, we'll see what the company says. I just bought the king size jar of Vaseline on my way home.

Have I followed along correctly, HD gave you your bike back and said all was good and when you took it to an indy they tore it down and found this?

I have to agree I would 1st be at that HD stealership raising hell and, then I'd write HD motor company a nice little letter with names!

Hope it all gets worked out man.

Good Luck,
Jason

Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PHAT A$$
Have I followed along correctly, HD gave you your bike back and said all was good and when you took it to an indy they tore it down and found this?

I have to agree I would 1st be at that HD stealership raising hell and, then I'd write HD motor company a nice little letter with names!

Hope it all gets worked out man.

Good Luck,
Jason
+1 on that. You shouldn't get stuck with any of the costs here.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Damage to Medusa