Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Medusa

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to hear that it wasn't as bad as that smoke lead you/us to believe.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
soup
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gpsjr10
I would ask them for a print-out or some sort of documentation of the map they put in. Then if you have any problems in the future, you will have that if you or your indy need to contact Dynojet.
Thanks
I will definitely bring the subject up when I go get her. I know that they did not tear her down completely, I'm not even sure how far they actually did break her down. When I spoke to the mechanic and asked if there was any internal damage, his reply was " I don't think so" since I shut her down so quickly when she went insane. Still not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling I was looking for! I'm thinking I may just run her down to the Indy and ask him to go over her. Just for my own peace of mind. I don't have the capability or know how to do a compression or leak down test. I'm sorta like that guy Oddball in the movie Kelly's Heroes, you know the quote. His tank takes a crap and his reply was " Hey man, I just ride em, I don't fix em" I mean I can do the basics, you know replace the exhaust and gaskets, replace handlebars, do my own oil changes, replacing covers and various gaskets, but I'm not real comfortable when it comes to actual engine or electrical work. Sometimes it's best to know your limitations.Guess I should start to bone up on doing my own repairs.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Dlish
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope it works out okay for you, but I think Hannums just straight up sucks ***. From the moron manager JR to the jerkoff parts guys (while I was in there ontime the kid out of no where started telling me how drunk he got the night before and how much it sucked being at work) to the maintenace dept that cant keep **** straight. They had a used bike I wanted and the sales guy didnt know the difference between a primary and cam when I wanted the covers pulled to look at the cam chain tensioners (BT). Im sure you will now, but stay the hell away from that place.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
soup
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dlish
I hope it works out okay for you, but I think Hannums just straight up sucks ***. From the moron manager JR to the jerkoff parts guys (while I was in there ontime the kid out of no where started telling me how drunk he got the night before and how much it sucked being at work) to the maintenace dept that cant keep **** straight. They had a used bike I wanted and the sales guy didnt know the difference between a primary and cam when I wanted the covers pulled to look at the cam chain tensioners (BT). Im sure you will now, but stay the hell away from that place.
Yeah, I'm starting to realize why I shied away from them many moons ago. Back in the day I was always going to East Coast Cycles, broke my heart when they sold the business to a gym. I'm gonna take her down to Full Throttle in Tinicum, I heard some good stuff about the place.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:24 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

One thing can suggest Soup before it leaves the shop have them do a compression leak down on the cylinders. Even numbnut techs know how to do that just to make sure you have not broken a ring or have anything out of adjustment timing wise...

Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
soup
Road Captain

will do Jay

Old 04-29-2009, 01:51 PM
PewterHeritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soup,
What were your initial symptoms? I have a '09 Heritage and installed a PCV and SE stage 1 intake on Monday. Yesterday she ran just fine, and this morning on the way to work it was fine, but after that she has been running like ****. Wants to die at idle (and does sometimes), can't even get on the throttle without a pop, fart and cough. Called FuelMoto and went through some steps and she is still crappy. I removed the PCV and it still runs terrible hooked straight up to the ECM...could my ECM have taken a dump? I checked plugs, got the gas out of the tank and put some in from a different gas station and still is crappy. It almost sounds like the timing went out on her somehow. I just don't understand how one day it can be good to go and the next act like she's going to grenade. I have an appointment at the dealer for next Thursday for the first service, if I can't get this figured out I'm going to have to find a trailer to take her in on.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
soup
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PewterHeritage
Soup,
What were your initial symptoms? I have a '09 Heritage and installed a PCV and SE stage 1 intake on Monday. Yesterday she ran just fine, and this morning on the way to work it was fine, but after that she has been running like ****. Wants to die at idle (and does sometimes), can't even get on the throttle without a pop, fart and cough. Called FuelMoto and went through some steps and she is still crappy. I removed the PCV and it still runs terrible hooked straight up to the ECM...could my ECM have taken a dump? I checked plugs, got the gas out of the tank and put some in from a different gas station and still is crappy. It almost sounds like the timing went out on her somehow. I just don't understand how one day it can be good to go and the next act like she's going to grenade. I have an appointment at the dealer for next Thursday for the first service, if I can't get this figured out I'm going to have to find a trailer to take her in on.
Same symptoms i started with, not trying to scare you, but you want to get that checked sooner rather than later

Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soup I'm glad to see this is working out in your favor.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
PewterHeritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She will be sitting in the garage...flat lined...until I get her to the dealership next week. She only ran about 20 miles in this condition so hopefully no damage, I'm just curious what the issue is.

Quick Reply: Update on Medusa