Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Medusa

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are they saying the pc5 is what screwed it up? or did they remap the bike after you put on the pc5? If they worked on it after you installed the pc5 then I would say it is on their dime. If the pc5 screwed it up, I would be calling whoever you bought it from and telling them they owe you some money.
In the mean time some croony at the stealer is ridin medusa around like it is some new toy! DAMN that is scary!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah soup, don't pay **** man, they messed up not you, you did the right thing and took it to the "pros" each time.

in your previous post you said you aren't going back to HD even if you are under warrenty and you have a local indy that has a good rep... i also have a local indy that i really trust and he is HD certified, meaning he can do warrenty work and get paid by HD not you. see if there is someone like that in yr area

Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
soup
Road Captain

Originally Posted by midnight2005
are they saying the pc5 is what screwed it up? or did they remap the bike after you put on the pc5? If they worked on it after you installed the pc5 then I would say it is on their dime. If the pc5 screwed it up, I would be calling whoever you bought it from and telling them they owe you some money.
In the mean time some croony at the stealer is ridin medusa around like it is some new toy! DAMN that is scary!!!!!!!!!!!
they are saying they did not properly download the correct setting on the PC5. They had to contact Dynojet today and have a certified tech take them through the process step by step. They did the original download on her, not me. They re-mapped her to the settings for a SE Heavy Breather and Basanni pro street pipes. I was not running a heavy breather at that time, I was running the bugs eye I had. The guy said " That don't make a difference" I questioned him on this.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 PM
09NightsterVB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW. Im kinda glad this sounds like more of a technical error (tuning numbers), and not anything too serious. I have my PC V on order right now, and guess Ill just call dynojet when it gets here and have them walk it through right off the bat.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soup: Like I said on the other forum; if the PCV doesn't work out I strongly urge you to check out the TTS. It's the best tuner available imho.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Bryan53
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the dealer for the same problem 3 times. Doesn't that qualify for the lemon law. I wouldn't pay them anything

Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 AM
soup
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bryan53
Back to the dealer for the same problem 3 times. Doesn't that qualify for the lemon law. I wouldn't pay them anything
I'm pretty sure that only applies to an existing problem ie: a problem with the vehicle prior to you buying it. This problem was created by there inability and lack of knowledge when it came to downloading the PC5. The easy fix would have been to can the PC5 re-install the 02 sensors and SE Heavy Breather and re-map the bike. They are saying she is fixed now. Even telling me she is running like a beast! I reminded him that they were his EXACT words last week, when he said they found the problem and fixed it. Hopefully by them calling Dynojet and getting a tech the problem is actually fixed. Won't know until tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:29 AM
soup
Road Captain

Thanks for everyone's input and encouragement, I'll post when I get her on the road, and let you know how she is running

Old 04-29-2009, 07:29 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

soup...glad to hear it's working out. here's the deal, if they installed the pcv and did the orig. download it's their fvck up, period. if all else fails get angry and make sure other customers are listening.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would ask them for a print-out or some sort of documentation of the map they put in. Then if you have any problems in the future, you will have that if you or your indy need to contact Dynojet.

Quick Reply: Update on Medusa