Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20,000 Miles Alot for an 04 Sportster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:59 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Just wasn't meant to be I guess .. Hang onto your 4K may find the right buy yet... They are out there just watch your P&Q's as mentioned in other replies owned a 04 Sporty 3 years recently sold.. Other than Valve Seals and CPS replacement had 18,000 trouble free miles on it.. Still Miss it...

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tesch_s10
BUT... i don't have all the money to buy it... im over half way there but not quite enough... so... there it sits cause i don't have enough cash. that and i have no credit cause i don't have a credit card.. so i can't get a loan at the bank.. so
Why not? If you have a savings and/or checking account at a bank, it would be worth a shot to ask. I mean if you can have the bank look at your saving & checking accounts for activity, as well as show them that you have the $4K of the $6K saved, I'm sure they would most likely give you a small personal loan, which would in turn help build you credit. Plus, you're only borrowing the remaining $2,250. But DO NOT ask for a car/motorcycle loan, as they'll need to know all the particulars of the vehicle and different rates apply. Or there's always the option of opening a low amount credit card to pay the remainder of $$, but I don't like that due to the variability in rates.

Last edited by WVHogRider; 04-29-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Punkin49
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

yea i called the loan officer and hes like how much im like 2k he goes k hows your credit.. im like well i don't have a credit card i do bank at the bank, i have checkin and savings and have never gone over drawn.. hes like soo you don't have any credit? im like umm no... im 21 and dont' pay many bills but i do have some.. hes like yea well you would need a co-signer and we would have to see if they qualify and im like.. so i can't even get a small first time loan and it would be short term i could pay it off in 12 months if not less and hes like nope sorry can't do anything. you can try other banks but with no credit you would need a co-signer.. im like umm ok then thanks bye

Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tesch_s10
yea i called the loan officer and hes like how much im like 2k he goes k hows your credit.. im like well i don't have a credit card i do bank at the bank, i have checkin and savings and have never gone over drawn.. hes like soo you don't have any credit? im like umm no... im 21 and dont' pay many bills but i do have some.. hes like yea well you would need a co-signer and we would have to see if they qualify and im like.. so i can't even get a small first time loan and it would be short term i could pay it off in 12 months if not less and hes like nope sorry can't do anything. you can try other banks but with no credit you would need a co-signer.. im like umm ok then thanks bye
I'd ask the loan officer how you're suppose to get credit if they will not give you loan & you have no co-signer. You could always throw it out there that you'll be removing your money & switch banks. However, I think your only option at this point is to open a low amount credit card...I think I started with one that max'd out at like $600, but I can't remember due to it being almost 20 years ago.