Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got hit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 PM
martinez_nc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just got hit

I just got back from taking my bike out on Mulholland Dr, awesome day to be riding in SoCal. Anyways, I'm coming back home and I see a good parking spot on my left. So I put my blinker on, slow down to about 10, start to turn. At the last second I see this Land Rover and jerked it to the right. My bike went down and I ended up getting hit by her car. My helmet scratched her door, but luckily my bike only suffered minor damage. Scratched mirror and a broken clutch cable, I was in shock that my newly painted tank didn't get any damage. The thing that pissed me off the most is she gets out to check on me, and then drives off when I'm talking to my girlfriend and looking over my bike. Man, some people, she's lucky I have self control cause I was 2 seconds away from busting out a window on her car, still kind of mad about it if you can't tell. haha

Old 04-25-2009, 05:38 PM
SuperG
Cruiser

Was it a hit and run? or were you able to get her info. What a dumb B***H.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:40 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you get her plate number? Its a crime to leave the scene of an accident. File a report and turn her in if you got her plate.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 PM
LaneG
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about it. Did you get a plate number? Can you report her as a hit and run?

Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Can't quite figure out the sequence of events from your description.
Was her "car" the Land Rover?, was she coming from the other direction or traveling the same way as you?, what do you mean by "I jerked to the right my bike went down" did you fall down by yourself? if you got hit by her car how did your helmet hit her door instead of her front bumper?

Last edited by HOTLAP; 04-25-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

+ 1 with HOTLAP,

Old 04-25-2009, 06:07 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

that sucks, did you get her license plate number?

Old 04-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Filmy
Cruiser

Well you must've been right behind me, cuz I was doing the exact same thing in the exact same area (and enjoying the hell out of it, by the way).

And I also had a close call when a cage in front of me braked suddenly for no reason (well, a turn was coming up, but damn that was unnecessary!) causing me to hit the rear brake a little too hard and skidding momentarily during my own turn. Backed off the brake immediately and the bike righted itself, but it easily could've slid out from under me.

Sorry to hear about your fall, though. Kinda takes the smile off your face from a spectacular ride. Glad to hear you're okay.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
martinez_nc
Advanced

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Can't quite figure out the sequence of events from your description.
Was her "car" the Land Rover?, was she coming from the other direction or traveling the same way as you?, what do you mean by "I jerked to the right my bike went down" did you fall down by yourself? if you got hit by her car how did your helmet hit her door instead of her front bumper?
Ha, sorry, I just re-read it and it is kind of confusing. Yes, she was driving a Land Rover and she was going the same direction as me. She tried to pass me on the left as I was making a left hand turn. I turned to the right to prevent myself from getting absolutely smacked. My right shoulder got the front of the Land Rover which gave me a little bump, haha, and I was trying to stay up but I eventually went down, thats why my helmet got her door. There is marks all over it so I'm not sure if the mirror hit me too. I'm thinking about getting a new helmet just to play it safe but I'm not sure.
But, yeah, pretty much a hit and run. There was a witness to all of this, thats another thing that pisses me off. He gave his number to the ***** in the Land Rover because she was the only one that had a pen so she took off with that too. I guess the only good thing is that I have an excuse to get new levers and mirrors! Oh, and I wanted to say this in my first post but I didn't want to sound like an absolute ***, but the lady was Asian. I was laughing about that afterwards.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gald you're okay...sucks she took off though

Quick Reply: Just got hit