Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Ironic is this????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could keep my garage that clean! I have got too many things going on constantly in mine though. Two nice rides man.

Ride safe man,
-fish-

Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Alex_C
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Irony is dead in the US, so he's not sure what irony really is.

Hint: more money than brains isn't irony.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Yatez004
Tourer

Whats Ironic is, before this bike was introduced the 883 was known as the "Chicks/Girls/Womans Bike" or the "Skirtster". They Black it out and now suddenly the basicly 883L with a sidemount plate, and short rear fender, is now the best thing sence folded napkins...

Anyhow, Sweet bike & Car!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Alex_C
Cruiser

There's actually a very good thread on this site about the dissing the Sporty gets, some really good snappy comebacks to comments about that, if I remember correctly....

"That's a girl's bike!" - Yep, girls like to ride on it! What's yours, a boy's bike?
"That's a half-a-Harley" - Yep, the FAST half!
"Why don't you get a 'real' bike like a Big Twin?" - What's this I see? A Land Yacht! Shall I call you Captain?

And so on ....

Honestly, hope the OP gets the oopsies and droppies out of his system on one of the MSF bikes because it'd be a real shame to see such a nice (and expenive!) bike get the new rider treatment.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Galvatron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fishboy
I wish I could keep my garage that clean! I have got too many things going on constantly in mine though. Two nice rides man.

Ride safe man,
-fish-
Yes, only light work gets done in the garage. Most my "project" work goes on in the shop.

Originally Posted by Alex_C
Honestly, hope the OP gets the oopsies and droppies out of his system on one of the MSF bikes because it'd be a real shame to see such a nice (and expenive!) bike get the new rider treatment.
Oh I'm sweating dropping the bike already. I have not ridden on street for about 10 years now, but I did drop my last bike once. It was low speed and I was doing something very dumb when it happened. It happens quick. Let's say a prayer that I don't drop the new one.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Tike71
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, sharp photos! Good luck with the training!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_C
There's actually a very good thread on this site about the dissing the Sporty gets, some really good snappy comebacks to comments about that, if I remember correctly....

"That's a girl's bike!" - Yep, girls like to ride on it! What's yours, a boy's bike?
"That's a half-a-Harley" - Yep, the FAST half!
"Why don't you get a 'real' bike like a Big Twin?" - What's this I see? A Land Yacht! Shall I call you Captain?

And so on ....

How about a link to that site you refer to? Comebacks are great!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:58 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the training include how to keep money in your wallet instead of buying more stuff for the bike?
I might sign up then...

Old 04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Galvatron
Cruiser

Training went good. 94% on knowledge test and 100% on skills test. Out of the 12 people in my group, I confirmed at least 4 were fails. I also found it ironic that the shorter riders (women) were given bikes with forward controls to test on. It seemed to me that may present an extra challenge for a timid rider. When I asked the instructors why they did this they said it was based completely on a persons inseem, because these bikes had a lower seat height.

I now have my endorsement and insurance on the bike. Now I just need some nice weather. it's supposed to rain for the next week. Damn Oregon weather!

Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

Congrats on the test!

Quick Reply: How Ironic is this????