Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pipes On

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Thet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, that's what I was saying. I saw them on J&P first, then went to their site and LOL'd at J&P for chaging over $400 more.

I'm def. getting these. I just need to pay the bike off first. Haha. I'm gonna be going for the "Bobber-ish" look. These should do nicely.

I just saw that I'd need foreward controls.

Last edited by Thet; 03-19-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drummer
jamesdeanblvd
did those pipes come in that color ? or did ya do it your self. I like them ! we've been look'n at black v/h short shots for the wife's Iron
thanks, Drum
I love my Short Shots! I know people say "everyone has them". But, there is a reason everyone has them!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:25 PM
E Smitty
Advanced

I certainly like the looks of the Troublemakers. I have read about the poor quality but maybe they have fixed the problem.

I know this is a tough question to answer but, can you describe the difference in sound between the Rush 2" and the Troublemakers? I need to wear ear plugs with my pipes.

For the price, it really isn't much of a gamble.

Maybe after a few miles you can give us an update.

Thanks

E

Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 PM
JLuns
Cruiser

looks good.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
jamesdeanblvd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by E Smitty
I certainly like the looks of the Troublemakers. I have read about the poor quality but maybe they have fixed the problem.

I know this is a tough question to answer but, can you describe the difference in sound between the Rush 2" and the Troublemakers? I need to wear ear plugs with my pipes.

For the price, it really isn't much of a gamble.

Maybe after a few miles you can give us an update.

Thanks

E
The thing I didn't like with the Rush 2" slipons, was they werent very deep. I love and wanted the deeper growling sound. That is what I was hoping I would find with the Hooker pipes. I'm pretty happy with them. They are not extremely loud, but, louder than the Rush pipes. I got what I was looking for, they sound great and they look great to boot. Like I said with the baffles in, they aren't extremely loud, but, I bet when you take them out, that will change. Good Luck..

Old 03-19-2009, 08:13 PM
jamesdeanblvd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JLuns
looks good.
Thanks.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

might just be me, or the picture, but it doesn't look like they have the same radius to the final curve, aren't the two pipes suposed to follow the same curve once they meet up at the bottom? the bottom pipe looks too straight.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
jamesdeanblvd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
might just be me, or the picture, but it doesn't look like they have the same radius to the final curve, aren't the two pipes suposed to follow the same curve once they meet up at the bottom? the bottom pipe looks too straight.
I kind of wondered the same thing, but, when I look at the mounting block and pictures of others, this is just the way they are.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice...

Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
E Smitty
Advanced

Originally Posted by jamesdeanblvd
Ok, I finally did it and bought a set of Hooker Troublemakers for the Nightster. Chase down the big brown truck (literally stocked him) at lunch time, started disassembling. Came home from work and I started assembling with the help of my brother. And I must admit, they were very easy to install. It does work better with two people though. I really nervous since I have heard so many bad stories about them. I thought they were made very well. Maybe, they improved them over time, but, mine fit and look awesome. Reprogrammed the Vance and Hines fuelpak, and decided to go for a small ride. These things sound wickid. And I have the baffles still in! I don't think they sound overly loud, but, louder than my Rush slip ons. Man, I can't wait to get on a nice dry road and open her up a little bit and let her sing. I think it's the best 188 bucks that I've spent in a long time.
You said that you reprogrammed your Fuelpak. Do they have a setting for those pipes? I couldn't find one. I tried putting 1 3/4 baffles in my rush pipes and the map Derek told me to program didn't work well at all. That and the 2" sound much better.

Thanks

E

Quick Reply: New Pipes On