Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Return to Riding
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delays make one look around

Since this is my first bike, the long delay is making me look around for something available now to ride during the winter, get used to riding, and then go for a delayed delivery. Trying to get dealer talked into a purchase now/buy back on a used bike so I can get back to riding, sort of like HD did for new bikes, will let you all know how it goes.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Archilochus
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JambaJuice
I am in the same boat...been looking for a few months myself...I have got a similar answer from most dealers I have gone to visit...The Iron is the hot ticket right now and they literally do not stay on the floor for more then a few days here in So Cal...I am sure it varies in other parts of the country...

One dealer gave me $10k OTD (no P&A and no Extended warranty)

Another gave me the same price but instead waived the Frieght and Prep and giving me the extended warranty...also got gap insurance and several hundred bucks to get HD Goodies..oh and my first 1000 miles service was thrown in as well...

Needless to say I took them up on the offer and drove it home

I do find it odd that the dealer would not get one until Jan or March...seems kind of long but HD has been releasing them here and there over the last month...

Good Luck
Thanks, Jamba. Good to know my dealer is on the up and up, more or less.

I've heard that HD has suspended production on all Irons until "Phase 3," by which they evidently mean January through March. Not sure why this is, but I've heard that the financial crisis hit HD pretty hard. Turns out that HD was selling bikes on credit, bundling the loans, and selling them as derivatives--which is basically the business model that created the subprime mortgage crisis. Nowadays, of course, nobody wants to touch those derivatives, leaving HD in a bit of a financial bind. I hope they fight their way out of it. I want my Iron 883!

Happy riding, everyone.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:54 AM
UPSBROWN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last month HD cut production by 30% as well.

With that being said, my local dealer has 2 silver Irons on the floor.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Bikemonkies
Stage IV
Default just got in...

yup!! i'm new here, i'm searching for the IRON Tribe, cause right now i'm the ONLY guy riding a IRON in my COUNTRY....

Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Bikemonkies
Stage IV

i got that too.. my country use to be a British Colonial before..and most of the traffic law are still British System including the road tax thing, but most of use just keep it in the wallet...

Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Bikemonkies
Stage IV

Originally Posted by MacShot
Silver ring ???
hahaha Im in UK here we taxing everything - its Road Tax .
In some countries road tax is included in petrol price, here we have to pay separately.
i got that too.. my country use to be a British Colonial before..and most of the traffic law are still British System including the road tax thing, but most of use just keep it in the wallet...

Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
B-EZ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Irish Mike
Bars: Biltwell "Keystones"
Pipes: V&H straight slippers without shields
Intake: H-D SE Heavy Breather
Paint: aggressivedesigns.com
Nice paint!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:53 AM
bob93r
5th Gear
Default New member from downunderland.

Hi guys,
Good to see so many Iron owners out there.
I purchased my Iron six weeks ago and am now two weeks beyond the delivery date and still waiting. As you can imagine it is killing me (especially now that I have seen someone in Melbourne got theirs the day I purchased one that was supposedly on the boat).
Some awesome looking rides in this thread. I am particularly jealous of all you yanks that get the side mounted plate. Here in oz we got jipped due to crap laws. US dealers won’t even sell us the part!!
Anyhow if mine ever turns up I will get some picks up as I mod it.
Good to meet you all and look forward to many interactions in the future.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
beanerblank
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killer bike, look at moving your speedo to clean up the front and let those bars be seen.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 AM
blackyck
Tourer

everyone on here who just got an iron should really get all black side shots or shorts. no one has them and they look real original. am i the only one who is yawning at the sight of these things? so boring, we are all like sheep. everyone who has iron is doing the same thing on here. lets get try some new things people!

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**