Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Uk Iron
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Lady
I've accessorised my Iron and I don't even have it yet. I ordered the engine guard for it today. Only now I have to wait until the 1st of October to get the bike.

Cheers

Lisa

Check the pics of mine with the guard, gotta be a must when the bikes new!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone put mini apes on your Iron? I would like to see pics of that please :-)

Old 08-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Iron Lady
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Uk Iron
Check the pics of mine with the guard, gotta be a must when the bikes new!!!
They look good UK. I love the pipes on your's too. Though they will be way down my shopping list. I want a fork bag too, for all my girly stuff. lol

Cheers

Lisa

Old 08-22-2009, 02:22 AM
jtbecke
Intermediate

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there is any benefit to putting on a heavy breather with a vance and hines fuelpak. I haven't bought new pipes yet so I still have the stock setup. Planning to get new ones soon but will having the fuelpak and screaming eagle heavy breather do anything for me for now? thanks!

Old 08-22-2009, 09:33 AM
koshernerd
Novice
Talking

Originally Posted by jtbecke
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there is any benefit to putting on a heavy breather with a vance and hines fuelpak. I haven't bought new pipes yet so I still have the stock setup. Planning to get new ones soon but will having the fuelpak and screaming eagle heavy breather do anything for me for now? thanks!
I don't know exactly how much it will help, but you will see an improvement. I would take a long punch and knock holes in your stock pipes to be able to flow more exhaust through, plus gives a better sound then the stock "Honda Sound" as I call it . you have to think of a motor is in reality an air pump, it doesn't matter how much more air the intake can bring in, cause it has to get it out as well. but I do know that the stock air cleaner setup is very restrictive, and with changing that you'll see an increase, and everyone I know that has put a fuelpak on has seen even more increase, but those guys also had and exhaust system put on... I would say go ahead and do it.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
koshernerd
Novice

Originally Posted by UPSBROWN
Not do it and f*ck your motor.
your motor wont get ****ed up, back in the carburetor days you wouldn't know until something happens that you've been running lean as hell and just melted a piston, but not now, if you're running lean, your check engine light comes on, and if you're running either lean or rich to the point it's gunna grenade your motor, the light flashes. I don't care if the guy wants to go get his **** remapped and spend all the money that's not needed right now, but punks that talk **** and don't really know, when the program is made without an air cleaner on it, and the MAP sensor, IAC sensor are both perfectly capable of reading the increase as well as the injectors can compinsate, the ECM reads all teh diffrences and makes changes, if it gets an abnormal reading for any of those or the oxygen sensors, that nice little check engine light comes on to tell you that somethings f*cked!! if it see's the slightiest missfire or detination from the knock sensor from being too lean... hey look at that little light, yeah comes on!

so next time you want to talk ****, try it about someone that doesn't know what they are talkin about.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:01 PM
jtbecke
Intermediate

Originally Posted by koshernerd
I don't know exactly how much it will help, but you will see an improvement. I would take a long punch and knock holes in your stock pipes to be able to flow more exhaust through, plus gives a better sound then the stock "Honda Sound" as I call it . you have to think of a motor is in reality an air pump, it doesn't matter how much more air the intake can bring in, cause it has to get it out as well. but I do know that the stock air cleaner setup is very restrictive, and with changing that you'll see an increase, and everyone I know that has put a fuelpak on has seen even more increase, but those guys also had and exhaust system put on... I would say go ahead and do it.
thanks koshernerd. I appreciate the help. I'm not opposed to punching holes in the pipes, especially since i am going to be replacing them soon anyways. should i do it all along them or just in the slip on section? I've also been told that I could just take the slip on stock muffler parts off. Any thoughts on that? I just don't want to do anything to damage my engine. I can wait until i have the new pipes to experience a performance boost, but i would like to change sound of the pipes and the look of the stock air cleaner. thanks again for the help.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
RedAngel
Stage II

oops.

Last edited by RedAngel; 08-22-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:13 PM
RedAngel
Stage II

This is mine. Screamin Eagle cone air filter, race kit/tuner, V&H short shots, Kurkuryn grips/w/throttle rocker, prior to swapping out to a stock Nightster seat and having the Burley Slammer Kit installed:Name:  Iron883008.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  77.3 KB
Fuel gauge, new gas cap cover, diff pegs and new lights later....

I've seen a few w/mini apes and I like the look but don't like the control issues.

Last edited by RedAngel; 08-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:21 PM
blackyck
Tourer

good point. i bet that light turns on if you fart the wrong way.

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**