Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 PM
taffymarsden
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lisa, I have an Iron on order too - my dealers first one and they want to borrow it for a bike show in October. I'm busting to see it and getting less happy with my 250 cruiser every day I'm getting SE slip ons and highway pegs and will leave anything else until I've lived with it a while.

My understanding is that a number of models including the 883 Low will be discontinued because of the downturn but the Iron (and I think the Custom) will still be available.

Cheers (from Sydney), Gil

Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Cola Harley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gmctruck1951
were did you hear that HD is coming out with a 2010 HD Iron?
I just found this site which has all the models listed for the 2010 lineup
and the 883N aka Iron is not on the list?
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...eyDavidson.htm

anyone with info?
Methinks that website is full of crap. Looks like a "cut and paste" job to me. For example: From what I've heard there will not be a 2010 Nighttrain, Lowrider, custom 883 or the regular Rocker.
Also I think a couple new models will be announced later this month.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 AM
UPSBROWN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That list is not an official list from Harley. Nothing is announced until the dealer meeting in August.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:02 AM
Iron Lady
Intermediate

Originally Posted by taffymarsden
Hi Lisa, I have an Iron on order too - my dealers first one and they want to borrow it for a bike show in October. I'm busting to see it and getting less happy with my 250 cruiser every day I'm getting SE slip ons and highway pegs and will leave anything else until I've lived with it a while.

My understanding is that a number of models including the 883 Low will be discontinued because of the downturn but the Iron (and I think the Custom) will still be available.

Cheers (from Sydney), Gil
Brilliant. Hey, did you get the slips on's and highway pegs in your deal??? I haven't started negotiating any extra's yet. Wondering what I should try and get in. The only real thing I want at the moment is sissy bar with luggage rack. I want that on it straight away, but wasn't too sure about negotiating that in the deal.

Cheers

Lisa

Old 07-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Iron Lady
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pepe6859
Ventura? It looks like IRON is more an in town beer trip than VENTURA trip. If you are thinking in long travels... this could not be what you need. Check it out.
Cheers
People would say my little 250 was an around the town beer trip bike too, but I did a few trips on it. But I am not talking about riding for days. Plus, when I do go on short rides around town here, I always take my ventura. I am a girl remember, we take everything with us.

I say you make your bike what you want it to be. If I wanted an around the town bike, I'd buy a scooter. hehehe. I am sure the Iron will suffice in what I am looking for.

Cheers

Lisa

Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 AM
taffymarsden
6th Gear

Lisa, I have the deposit down and don't even have a price on the bike! Not the best bargaining position to be in Has your dealer confirmed a price?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I got bored today. The wife didn't want me to buy her new grips for her Iron, so I went to a crafts place and bought a 25 yard spool of black suede lacing and I wrapped her grips and levers. I think it looks pretty good and kind of keeps in the theme of the Iron....excuse the pic, its from my blackberry

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-img00052.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:36 PM
UPSBROWN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brett, it's different, but looks kinda cool

Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Iron Lady
Intermediate

Originally Posted by taffymarsden
Lisa, I have the deposit down and don't even have a price on the bike! Not the best bargaining position to be in Has your dealer confirmed a price?
haha same with me. They haven't got a price. One dealer told me around 14500 on road, another said 12500 on road. So I am working between 12 and 15 grand.

The one who said 12'ish said because they are getting rid of the low and the 883, they are the two cheaper one's, he said he wouldn't imagine they'd then bring in a dearer one when you already have the custom.

BUT

That said, they are the same price as the custom in the US. So I think I will be more onto the 14500 on road price.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:49 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

can i ask why this dead horse keeps showing up ?? (old post)

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**