Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 PM
UPSBROWN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You look like me when I first pulled mine in to the garage! And that silver looks nice as well. I am starting to like that combo more and more

Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 PM
lgkauto
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new iron

Just thought I'd share a photo of my new iron.

-v&h short shots
-screamin eagle big breather
-race tuner with custom map

Had the ***** to chop that ugly fender off that the ontairo government
requires the bikes to be fitted with.Added a high intensity led brake/tail lite with plate mount.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Tike71
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fender chop looks great. Are you gonna take those reflectors off?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
shirokovd
Stage IV
Default Where are you selling yours and do you have pic?

Originally Posted by msbodymodlvr
Greetings...I'm sellin my Iron 883 and just got done puttin $2773.48 in to her with parts and labor. I have the V&H SS Stag Blk $459.95...SE Pro Super Tuner $459.95... Black Heavy Breather $299.95...Tribal Gear Shift $29.95...Tribal Pegs $69.95...(Pegs are bigger and more room for feet) Forward Controls $399.95... And just had the first service done $351.33. They must of done some kinda of Dyno tune because the gave me a test sheet that said DynoJet Research. Don't see anything about a fuel pack. I think they said I didn't need to do that. But what the hell do I know. Not sure if I'm feelin more power from the bike or if it's just the sound of the pipes that makes it feel like it has more power. Any hoot...So after all that I've put into the bike I will not be able to get even half of it back out, so make sure this is the bike for you before you start makin all the changes. If I were you I would bike a used 1200 that has had mods done already and save yourself some money. If you buy a New Iron 883 you may dump more money into it then just getting used and getting everything you want. I'm lookin to buy a bigger bike and I wont make the same mistake this time. Good luck on your journey
Thanks for the advice and information. BTW, where are you selling your bike, where do you live and do you have a pic? I might be interested.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
msbodymodlvr
Intermediate

I have pics in my album.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:30 PM
msbodymodlvr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by msbodymodlvr
I have pics in my album.

Here are a couple of pics...

Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 AM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a few ??
I notice that many Nightster & Iron riders use the "Tank Lift" kits on their bikes.
I am thinking of this for my Iron but my questions are this...
If you raise the front of the tank to achieve this look, does it affect your milage?
If so for better or worse?
Does it affect how much fuel you use before the low fuellight comes on since it seems to me that the angle of the fuel pickup would be changed?
I mean Sporties aren't the best for milage and I just wonderd if this would cut into it even more.
Apologies if it seems like a dumb ??
I like the look but was just wondering.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:55 AM
chopfury
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bolillo57
If you raise the front of the tank to achieve this look, does it affect your milage?
Firstly, range and mileage are different. The mileage is awesome but the range is short.

At first I didn't think it was affecting the range but after using the odometer a couple times after filling up I can confirm that I have a little over 1 gallon in the tank when the light comes on; my range is 90 miles on two gallons so my mileage is still over 45, since I should have at least 20 miles more on reserve. And that's with a Stage I upgrade.

Not sure how far I could drive when the light comes on as I haven't tried it. Wonder if the lift means that the light comes on prematurely, but I can still use the gallon in the tank?

Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chopfury
Firstly, range and mileage are different. The mileage is awesome but the range is short.
Thanks Chop, that's what I was referring to = the range.
Does the angle allows for less fuel pickup (therefore less range) before the light comes on?
Mine right now seems pretty consistant at 90-92 miles and the light comes on, usually fill up with a bit over 2 gallons.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Danger Mouse
Stage II

hey nice pics guys, got a question though. I really like the iron but I hear its not the right choice if your tall. Any of you over 6 foot and care to comment? Any info would be great, thanks.

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**