Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 AM
IronTravel7
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironmike81
hi, ironmike81 just wonderin the mod number of the bitch pad havin a real hard time finding a passenger seat for my iron any help would be great
ironmike81, if you want a seat for your iron but you don't want to destroy the look of it, get the badlander. extremely uncomfortable for the lady, but extremely low key and pretty sweet. peace

Old 05-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Iron Dragon
6th Gear

Question for everyone about the V&H Fuel Pak. I bought one, "new in box," but after installing it the way they say, and turning key to ignition, the Fuel Pak still does not light up, so I cannot set it. Looks like it doesnt work. Anyone have similar happen? Afraid the V&H won't help because it bought it third party.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:32 AM
twitchy
Advanced

Did you install everything with your batter disconnected? If not, you might have shorted something out. If you did, make sure you have everything hooked up. Don't forget to bolt your battery ground wire back to the engine case. Make sure that fuel pak is plugged all the way into the ecu. Also, make sure your key is turned on all the way. I think there are 3 key positions. Off,acc,on. Make sure you're on.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Iron Dragon
6th Gear

Originally Posted by twitchy
Did you install everything with your batter disconnected? If not, you might have shorted something out. If you did, make sure you have everything hooked up. Don't forget to bolt your battery ground wire back to the engine case. Make sure that fuel pak is plugged all the way into the ecu. Also, make sure your key is turned on all the way. I think there are 3 key positions. Off,acc,on. Make sure you're on.
Yep Yep, did all of that. Followed directions to a T. Unhooked it all, installed the electronics, then hooked battery back up and flipped the switch all the way on. Still no damn lights on the Fuel Pak. I was so pissed.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:43 AM
theblack13
6th Gear
Default forward controls

I've been looking over photos here of the forward controls location. I always assumed they would mount at the very front of the frame extending your legs as far as possible on the frame. I noticed they are a decent ways in behind the front factory exhaust. Obviously if they were mounted on the very front of the frame the factory exhaust would be in the way. Does anyone know if mounting that far up on the frame is an option..and if so is there a kit for it? Thanks!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Brentjmi
2nd Gear
Default Hello from Novi, MI

Hey all - I purchased my Iron last week - I haven't had time to get over the the Secretary of State to get my written test done, so I haven't picked it up yet. I'll be headed over this week to get it home - I saw the commercial and headed to the Harley Dealer. I have been thinking about buying a bike for a long time, and when I saw this one I knew it would be a good choice. I don't have ANY riding experience, so I'll be taking the MSF course asap and learning to ride on somebody else's bike. I'm 5'11 and about 190 pounds and thought this bike fit me really well. I am glad that I have a toy with such a following, I'm proud to be part of the club and look forward to learning more about my new investment (I mean - moneypit!). I'm 31 and live in Novi, MI - any other owners in the area? Regarding all of the upgrades and mods - I don't plan to do much to this bike at this point. I wanted a solo seat to keep my wife off the back - she panics in the car, I couldn't imagine having her on a bike. The one thing I really like because it cleans up the bars is the mirror swap - I'll be doing that right away.

Here's a picture of my bike in the showroom... it had one mile on it when I paid for it, when I get back it better not have 2!

Catch you later

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-iron-883.jpg  
Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 AM
twitchy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Iron Dragon
Yep Yep, did all of that. Followed directions to a T. Unhooked it all, installed the electronics, then hooked battery back up and flipped the switch all the way on. Still no damn lights on the Fuel Pak. I was so pissed.
Maybe now you know why the guy sold you a used fuelpak.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
twitchy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brentjmi
Hey all - I purchased my Iron last week - I haven't had time to get over the the Secretary of State to get my written test done, so I haven't picked it up yet. I'll be headed over this week to get it home - I saw the commercial and headed to the Harley Dealer. I have been thinking about buying a bike for a long time, and when I saw this one I knew it would be a good choice. I don't have ANY riding experience, so I'll be taking the MSF course asap and learning to ride on somebody else's bike. I'm 5'11 and about 190 pounds and thought this bike fit me really well. I am glad that I have a toy with such a following, I'm proud to be part of the club and look forward to learning more about my new investment (I mean - moneypit!). I'm 31 and live in Novi, MI - any other owners in the area? Regarding all of the upgrades and mods - I don't plan to do much to this bike at this point. I wanted a solo seat to keep my wife off the back - she panics in the car, I couldn't imagine having her on a bike. The one thing I really like because it cleans up the bars is the mirror swap - I'll be doing that right away.

Here's a picture of my bike in the showroom... it had one mile on it when I paid for it, when I get back it better not have 2!

Catch you later
Sick bike dude^^^ I got silver too. I love mine. Pictures do that bike no justice. I went down to the dealer to check one out..emphasis on check one out. To make a short story shorter, I had it in the back of my truck about 30 mins later.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Tike71
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brentjmi
Mine had 6 miles on it when I bought it, I believe those were the factory break-in miles.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:06 PM
magnethead
Intermediate
Default YOur new expensive investment

Hi Lads,
Since, you all have a brand new Iron, you might be interested in protecting it from been robbed I got this GPS tracker from China, It was the only device I could find that didn't rope me into a yearly contract. You just buy this, get a local sim card, and then text it when you want to find out your bikes location. It also has many other features like the geo-fence, where once you set it, then if your bike moves outside a 2Meter radius, it texts you an alert. Highly recommended

It has worked beautifully for me, at least you get a chance to grab a basball bat and call around to whoever took your bike even if it is in bits. It has a battery so even if, it's disconnected from the Harley battery, it's good for a few days.

Buy it on ebay from China (It''s the size of a MATCHBOX!!!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2BSI%26otn%3D4

Last edited by magnethead; 05-26-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**