Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Brewby35
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed short shots.

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-harley-pipes-hd.jpg  
Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 AM
specterindustries
Intermediate
Default My Spikester

Okay so it took me a long time to figure out how to mod this bike. I did all the work on it and I still have some tweaking to do, like adding a 1250 upgrade, airshocks, and some maybe some cams, some black covers, grips, pegs and more spikes haha...but for now here it is...hope you like it.

Thanks for looking

Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's that thing you have over the rear fender, and where did you get it? maybe I could use it to cover my ECM module and get a sprung seat.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Specter that is probably THE best looking Iron I have ever seen.

Two thumbs WAY up. Perfection.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
specterindustries
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cameraboy
what's that thing you have over the rear fender, and where did you get it? maybe I could use it to cover my ECM module and get a sprung seat.
I bought the spring seat, the spring seat mount, and the rear fender bib on ebay from this guy http://stores.ebay.com/Rich-Phillips-Leather. He makes a mount that is specifically designed to cover the ECM on 2007-2009 Irons/Nightsters. In the picture, I still have the 3" coil springs that came with the kit (you can get either the coil or hairpin torsion springs depending on which look you like better), but they lifted me up a bit too much over the stock seat so I bought some black 2" springs which lowered me just right. The only thing I had a problem with is the fact that the black leather has really faded in the sun, and it is now almost a grey, brown. Some people like it because its "distressed" but I like the fresh black look. so I may have to get some leather dye to get it back to its new shine luster. Other than that, I was very pleased with the kit. Hope this helps.

Last edited by specterindustries; 08-29-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, that was exactly the info I was hoping for.

Some people like it because its "distressed" but I like the fresh black look.
You have to pay extra for that if you buy a "distressed" seat from HD.. ha.

Yours earned it honestly. I respect that.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
specterindustries
Intermediate

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Specter that is probably THE best looking Iron I have ever seen.

Two thumbs WAY up. Perfection.

Hey thanks. I really appreciate that. It means a lot knowing that all the time and energy and cursing and throwing tools around really paid off. I am pleased with how it came out, but I still need to get my airshocks, some grips and pegs, and an engine upgrade on it. Oh and not to mention I am going to get some of the licks solo bags (one for each side...yeah I know solo means only one but hell...I want two haha). I think then it will truly be perfection haha.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, next month I have budgeted to get the licks solo for my Iron as well, that is a very cool bag.

I have fork bag right now, its kinda big but I actually love how it fills in the front end. It was $17 on Amazon and the leather quality (very thick, supple leather that was very well treated) easily surpasses the $50 bags I saw in other places.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
specterindustries
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Thank you, that was exactly the info I was hoping for.

You have to pay extra for that if you buy a "distressed" seat from HD.. ha.

Yours earned it honestly. I respect that.

good stuff. Once you get it all done, throw on some pics and let me know how it turns out. Oh, and one last thing...the bolts that come with the coil springs are a royal PITA to get on because there isn't much room between each coil. I suggest finding a thin hex wrench or some long nose pliars and bolting them to the seat BEFORE you bolt it to the frame, otherwise gravity is going to kick your ***...I learned that the hard way

Old 08-29-2011, 10:44 AM
specterindustries
Intermediate

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Yeah, next month I have budgeted to get the licks solo for my Iron as well, that is a very cool bag.

I have fork bag right now, its kinda big but I actually love how it fills in the front end. It was $17 on Amazon and the leather quality (very thick, supple leather that was very well treated) easily surpasses the $50 bags I saw in other places.

17 bux?! thats awesome, do you have a link for it on amazon or was it a one time deal? I am looking for a fork bag, but I am actually going to mount it behind my seat. I've seen that once or twice and I think it would look pretty sick. Are you planning on keeping the bike mostly stock or doing some upgrades?

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**