Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1)Seat
2)Seat
3)Seat
4)Pipes

In that order.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
gentleman773
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new to this forum. here's mine in the middle of changin things. only have the bike so if i start something i have to finish it to get around. more to come during winter.

Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  50.0 KB

Old 06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
edlanta
Novice

"must have mods" a bike is a personal thing. make it your own and don't let other people tell you what you should do.. if your happy, that's all that matters. untill then ride the bitch untill you figure out what you like.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:55 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

i have a question for all the licks slimline solo seat owners. i installed mine and love the look of it, but i feel like the seat is too narrow for me. west eagle makes the same seat but in a larger form ( 13 x 11 1/2). Does anyone know if the licks hardware will line up with the larger seat?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:46 AM
smartcommerce
Stage III

Hi,everyone.I am a new member and this is my first post.Last week I bought a 2010 iron 883.I want to know something,please share your experience with me.I want to put an exhaust.Which one do you suggest.And do I have to install any other thing except the exhaust like breather,or a kit.Is it a must of installing an exhaust.Because I just only want to install an exhaust.Here in my country the dealer told that I should install other components when I want to install an exhaust otherwise the engine spends more fuel and gets hotter more quickly.Is it a trick to sell more items.Or is it true.Thanks and kindest Regards...

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
T-B
Stage II
Default New Bars

For all you Iron owners out there who have changed out your handlebars for largers ones like mini apes or maybe licks z top bars did you use the stock hand control wires or did you have to change out the wires beause they were too short?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
edlanta
Novice

Originally Posted by smartcommerce
Hi,everyone.I am a new member and this is my first post.Last week I bought a 2010 iron 883.I want to know something,please share your experience with me.I want to put an exhaust.Which one do you suggest.And do I have to install any other thing except the exhaust like breather,or a kit.Is it a must of installing an exhaust.Because I just only want to install an exhaust.Here in my country the dealer told that I should install other components when I want to install an exhaust otherwise the engine spends more fuel and gets hotter more quickly.Is it a trick to sell more items.Or is it true.Thanks and kindest Regards...
it depends on what kinda exhaust pipes your looking to get. if you go w/ slip on's you may not have to change anything but if you go w/ a more high flow performance pipe you need more air coming into the bike to mix w/ the gas so pretty much your throwing off the factory tuning and if you don't change anything your bike may run rich and you won't get the best performance out of it. there are different breathers the screaming eagle stage 1 looks about stock and is relatively cheap 140 bucks i would also recommend a v&h fuel pak or a power commander if you don't get one of these you will most likely have to pay for a dyno-tune and that can be annoying it's alot more convenient to program a fuel pack if you decide you wanna try out some new pipes. this is just to keep you on the safe side though there are some folks on here that may say you don't need all this but if you care about your bike i would recommend it.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:44 AM
edlanta
Novice

Originally Posted by T-B
For all you Iron owners out there who have changed out your handlebars for largers ones like mini apes or maybe licks z top bars did you use the stock hand control wires or did you have to change out the wires beause they were too short?

do you mean cables (throttle, idle, clutch, brake, ect...) i know all of mine we're changed i had the dealership do my bars right when i got it.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
T-B
Stage II

No not the cables, the wires that are routed under the handle bar, the ones that control turn signals and lights and startup, im not worried about any of the brake or throttle cables they seem long enough for the bars that I purchased (Licks Z top) but I wanted to route the wires through the bars and i wanted to know if anyone as done it yet and if the stock ones were long enough or do I have to purchase the longer hand control kit from the dealer.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:22 PM
ironcrab
Advanced

Originally Posted by edlanta
"must have mods" a bike is a personal thing. make it your own and don't let other people tell you what you should do.. if your happy, that's all that matters. untill then ride the bitch untill you figure out what you like.
What are the bars on your bike?

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**