Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:55 PM
DAM-ONE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all my ironhead buds..i made vid of mine for all to check out..can you put a video in a post?..how do you add pics to a post?..here is the youtube link..http://www.youtube.com/user/dam1974#...178czg...check it out!!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 PM
DAM-ONE
Intermediate
Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 PM
reyjack
Stage III
Default New To the Forum

Hey fellow Iron owners!
I've been eyeballing this forum and found some great information from all the other Iron owners out there. Thanks for all the advice on here.

Just recently got some mods done to my bike:
-Vance & Hines Short Shots
-Roland Sand Venturi Air Cleaner
-Screaming Eagle Super Tuner
-Dyno Tuned and pushing 58 HP

I also added an engine guard, licks solo bag, rear fender rack and flipped the mirrors.

The HD dealer here in Marysville, Wa. told me that I had to buy a signal light relocation kit if I was to flip my mirrors but I learned on here that you don't need to.

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-sam_0265.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-sam_0267.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-sam_0268.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 07:39 PM
jeffc68
Tourer

Any pictures of the front of the bike like to see that bag.

Both bikes looks great.

Originally Posted by reyjack
Hey fellow Iron owners!
I've been eyeballing this forum and found some great information from all the other Iron owners out there. Thanks for all the advice on here.

Just recently got some mods done to my bike:
-Vance & Hines Short Shots
-Roland Sand Venturi Air Cleaner
-Screaming Eagle Super Tuner
-Dyno Tuned and pushing 58 HP

I also added an engine guard, licks solo bag, rear fender rack and flipped the mirrors.

The HD dealer here in Marysville, Wa. told me that I had to buy a signal light relocation kit if I was to flip my mirrors but I learned on here that you don't need to.

Last edited by jeffc68; 05-09-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM
vilo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jeffc68

Both bikes looks great.
Here's mine $24.99 at the dealer

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-012.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 05:46 PM
james88
Advanced

Hi eveybody, can anybody tell the best way to break in a new bike. I have herd a few things here and there. Also I tryed to switch the mirrors but the turn signals get in the way. Anybody elts have this problem?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
wraith883
Cruiser

The mirror flip is easy and you'll kick yourself when you find out how easy it is. Take both mirrors off, before you swap sides, take a look at the turn signals. You'll see that they are on a ball and socket type joint. It takes a small amount of pressure to "swivel" the turn signal toward the handle bar. After its moved mount the mirror and fine tune it to get it where you want it. Make sure neither mirror hits the tank. You'll have to pass one mirror through the cables but it goes right between 'em real easy.

This literally takes less than 10 minutes to do start to finish.

As for break in, my dealer told me a variety of cruising and nothing above 50mph for the first 100 miles. No lugging the engine, or massive rev's. Only 91 octane or better. AND LET IT WARM UP, make sure the head feels warm to the touch before heading out and you should be good to go.

-Jer

Old 05-11-2010, 09:52 PM
reyjack
Stage III

Originally Posted by jeffc68

Both bikes looks great.
yeah here goes a pic.

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-side-view-iron.jpg  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 AM
james88
Advanced

Originally Posted by wraith883
The mirror flip is easy and you'll kick yourself when you find out how easy it is. Take both mirrors off, before you swap sides, take a look at the turn signals. You'll see that they are on a ball and socket type joint. It takes a small amount of pressure to "swivel" the turn signal toward the handle bar. After its moved mount the mirror and fine tune it to get it where you want it. Make sure neither mirror hits the tank. You'll have to pass one mirror through the cables but it goes right between 'em real easy.

This literally takes less than 10 minutes to do start to finish.

As for break in, my dealer told me a variety of cruising and nothing above 50mph for the first 100 miles. No lugging the engine, or massive rev's. Only 91 octane or better. AND LET IT WARM UP, make sure the head feels warm to the touch before heading out and you should be good to go.

-Jer
Thanks, I'll try the mirror switch again today. the dealer said the same about only going 50mph but he said for 50 miles. Here is what confuses me. The Harley dealer told me to NOT let the bike warm up. he said its actully not good for it. 1) that dosen't make anykind of sence and 2) It made me really worried that I bought a bike from this guy... but I do appritiate the wisdom.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

to all the guys running drag bars i have a question. which company produces the best drag bar? bitwell? licks? i'm not the biggest fan of inverting the stock handlebars just because i don't like how low they sit compared the the gas tank. are there any drag bars out there that will sit pretty close to the top of the tank?

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**