Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 10:06 AM
hippisteven
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ IronTravel7
I have a 2010 Iron and just put the v&h 2 into 1 outlaw pipes on it. It sounds f*ck'in awsome!! I am bobbing and chopping the rear fender rite now, when I'm done I'll post the pics.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:31 PM
hippisteven
Intermediate

Last edited by hippisteven; 01-03-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
chchfatboy
Intermediate

In antiscipation of my partner joining me on rides (thats my argument for getting one) I got another harley.

Starting set up includes stage 1, new pipes, relocated speedo, forwards, mini apes and a few other minor changes. More planned.

Name:  SANY0110.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  94.0 KB

Remember this is the international model so taller front wheel, narrower tyres and different gearing (in NZ they share the same gears as the nightster).

But i really want a seat like Stefkathryn.............

Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
mrcrazynutz
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by chchfatboy
In antiscipation of my partner joining me on rides (thats my argument for getting one) I got another harley.

Starting set up includes stage 1, new pipes, relocated speedo, forwards, mini apes and a few other minor changes. More planned.

Remember this is the international model so taller front wheel, narrower tyres and different gearing (in NZ they share the same gears as the nightster).

But i really want a seat like Stefkathryn.............

did you have to get the cable extensions for your mini apes??
lookin good ....
C

Old 01-06-2010, 02:38 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default internal

Fatboy, did you internally wire those bars yourself?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM
rebel_711
Stage I

Nice bike where and how much did you get those bars.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
fgk1972
3rd Gear

where did you get that rear fender?.........liken it! what tires are those too?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
chchfatboy
Intermediate

As part of the purchase deal I got the bars (standard HD issue) and the fitting thrown in. There was a need for longer cables as well. I can hunt out exactly what if anyone is interested. The clutch cable isn't the right one but the attachment broke on install so I've been lent a cable and it'll be swopped out on service.

The rear fender is stock, i just used the license plate relocation.

Tyres??? remember this is an INTERNATIONAL model and not the domestic (American) model. The front wheel is a 21" as opposed to the American 19" and my back tyre is effectively the American front.

There are a few other differences as well. Along with the bigger front tyre my suspension is longer than the American one so I sit a couple of inches higher, this leads to the rear being 'up'.

A big plus, to me, is the gearing. Being international the Iron shares the same gearing as the nightster and this is between the american 883 and nightster gearing. Suited better for our roads and makes any possible (probable???) upgrade to a 1200 sooooo much easier. The front sprocket settings are the same as the American model.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
opencipher
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chchfatboy
As part of the purchase deal I got the bars (standard HD issue) and the fitting thrown in. There was a need for longer cables as well. I can hunt out exactly what if anyone is interested. The clutch cable isn't the right one but the attachment broke on install so I've been lent a cable and it'll be swopped out on service.

The rear fender is stock, i just used the license plate relocation.

Tyres??? remember this is an INTERNATIONAL model and not the domestic (American) model. The front wheel is a 21" as opposed to the American 19" and my back tyre is effectively the American front.

There are a few other differences as well. Along with the bigger front tyre my suspension is longer than the American one so I sit a couple of inches higher, this leads to the rear being 'up'.

A big plus, to me, is the gearing. Being international the Iron shares the same gearing as the nightster and this is between the american 883 and nightster gearing. Suited better for our roads and makes any possible (probable???) upgrade to a 1200 sooooo much easier. The front sprocket settings are the same as the American model.
Yeah...if you could let me know about the cables I would appreciate it..i'm thinking of putting apes on mine because the drags are starting to bother my back on long rides...

And the bike looks great.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Tike71
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by opencipher
Yeah...if you could let me know about the cables I would appreciate it..i'm thinking of putting apes on mine because the drags are starting to bother my back on long rides...

And the bike looks great.
Opencipher, how big of an ape hanger are you planning to go with? With 12" apes you can get away with using stock clutch and throttle cables, you can also bend your brake line to reach but I wouldn't recommend it. You'll definitely need to extend the wiring too.

I have 10" z bars and only needed to extend the wire on the left hand control and bought a new brake line; clutch and throttle are stock.

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**