Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Would You Pick????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Which Would You Pick????

Hello, I am about to purchase a new Harley in the next few weeks. I am about 5'9 225lbs. I have been looking at the Nightster and the Dyna Street Bob. I really like the look of both bikes and was wanting to get some thoughts and suggestions from you guys on each bike. Thanks very much for the help. I am looking for a bike to drive to work every now and then and ride on my off days.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Both are very cool bikes and they have their own individual attitude. If I had to pick between those, I'd go with an '08 Street Bob. Why the '08 you ask? Well I am not a fan of the new rear end on the '09's. Just my .02.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
sugartastic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, why two threads? anyway:

I believe that the bike picks you, you don't pick the bike. I'm bias towards the street bob. i went into get the nightster, sat on the bob and the rest is history.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have to pick the street bob, and i agree with above i like the look of the 07/08, Both good bikes but the bob i think would be more all around bike. Iam 6'1 and about 240 and anytime i sit on a sportster it just feels very small.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

make a good point sugartastic, i went in to get a superglide stripped down and when i saw and sat on the red custom superglide that was all she wrote 20min later the papers were signed and i was driving off.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
sugartastic
Cruiser

my dumb *** see's why you gots to threads, one in dyna and another one in here. you da man!

Old 03-01-2009, 10:55 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain

go with a rocker c.
the dynas are great bikes but they are still sportsters on steroids.(sorry)

Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
go with a rocker c.
the dynas are great bikes but they are still sportsters on steroids.(sorry)
Not offended, but why would that be a negetive? The Rocker C is a really unique bike for the Harley lineup, but it seems like people either love it or hate it. Seems silly to tell a guy looking at the Nightster and Street bob to get a Rocker.

On second thought, get a Road King!

Seriously though... You gotta go ride em and decide... They are pretty different bikes.

Last edited by killer scott; 03-01-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Partial to the Sportster myself but if I had that choice I think I would go for the Fat Bob myself, just like that twin headlight look. Tough choice you have to make but whichever you get just enjoy it.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:18 AM
rmodel65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sugartastic
dude, why two threads? anyway:

I believe that the bike picks you, you don't pick the bike. I'm bias towards the street bob. i went into get the nightster, sat on the bob and the rest is history.

so true, i walked in to my dealership saw a 1200N. sat on it fell in love, played with the switches, unscrewed the gas cap put it back on.

salesman came up asked me to stop unscrewing the cap, i said why? im buying it! :P

(Im 25 but I look younger) he gave me the yeah right look, i said start the paper work. he ran my credit and i was approved for nearly 20k on the N including the bike and w/e acc+ labor i wanted. he tried to get me on a bigger bike because he knew id be approved for even more on a higher bike. nope i took just the N and no accessories :P.

now the same scenario cant happen right now for me, credit has gone down the tube since i had my motorcycle accident. I havent worked since nov 07. and insurance hasnt settled my wreck

for anyone on here make sure you carry PIP insurance that will pay you a wage, incase you get hurt when you ride. to get some normalcy and settle my debts will take a while.

the at fault insurance company made an offer of 45k, less than my damages to date, so we have to go to court now.

Quick Reply: Which Would You Pick????