Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
scrunchee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazytrain

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I have them hooked up in the right spots. I'm going to try and clear the codes as explained earlier in this thread.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
scrunchee
Intermediate
Default PCIII Issues

Well, my check engine light is constantly staying on. It does not go out after a couple of seconds. I made sure the eliminators are hooked up correctly. I tried clearing the code and nothing worked. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 AM
scrunchee
Intermediate
Default PCIII Issues

After triple checking everything, I had one of the eliminators hooked up in the wrong spot. Hey Crazytrain, I think I did what you were talking about. Dumb *** move on my part. Bike is working fine now.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 AM
crazytrain69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scrunchee
After triple checking everything, I had one of the eliminators hooked up in the wrong spot. Hey Crazytrain, I think I did what you were talking about. Dumb *** move on my part. Bike is working fine now.
Well I'm pretty sure we are not the only ones that have done this before! The dirrections are good from fuelmoto but there pics suck. Now get on that thing and ride the chit out of it!! Mine runs great now!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 AM
scrunchee
Intermediate

You're right. Their pics do suck. It runs great now. Good thing I triple checked it. I'm a newbie at bikes so I know this would happen.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Hal64hd
The IM (instrument module) is capable of displaying DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes).
Speedometer Self Diagnostics: The speedometer is capable of displaying and clearing speedometer, tachometer, TSM/TSSM and ICM/ECM Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC).

1- Turn Ignition switch to OFF & Run/Stop switch is to Run.

2- Push odometer reset button in & hold.

3- Turn ignition switch to Ignition and release odometer reset button. Background lighting sould illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word “diag” should then appear.

4 - Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPt" with the first P flashing.

5 - Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module. The module that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter (module) to the next, you push the odometer reset button one time. (from P to S to SP to t and back to P, etc.)
P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module [EFI] / Ignition Control Module [Carbureted])
S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal/ Turn Signal Security Module)
SP = speedometer
T = tachometer

6 - To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC’s the code will be displayed or the word “none” will appear if there are no DTC’s. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.

7 - Record the codes.

to clear once the code appears press and hold odometer button till "clear" or "none" shows on odometer then turn ignition off.

That should clear the check engine light
It took me long enough to get some time off and did this and it worked like a champ. i cleard the code this morning and went out for a couple hours. No more check engine light. Thanks man!