Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Clubs dare I say "gangs" in SW WV

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 AM
jlandis874
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As they say, If you have to ask where the nearest chapter is, Youre not ready to join a MC.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bigskyrider, you know what I've found to be fun, and helps me find riding buddies? Patches. Stick a big patch on the back of your leather jacket. Like the one HOG sent you, but make it your own. Also, make sure you have a diamond patch with "1%" on it. Everyone will know you're badass that way and want to be your buddy. Seriously.

If you really want to be cool, go on ebay and buy some "three piece rockers" and put those on your jacket. You'll be f'n golden. Just make sure you can pull off the look.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

Stick with a riding club not really a MC but a RC that way you dont run into issues with 1%er clubs. Trust me...say away from any "club" that stakes thier territory on a rocker. Nothing wrong with a Hog Chapter, its a place to start and at least meet fellow riders. Clubs are a whole nudder world. It really depends on who is local in your area also. Some dominate clubs really put a cap on certain clubs that may ride in thier area....very possessive.

Originally Posted by bigskyrider
Oh I'm just looking for good folks to ride with, maybe pull into a bar every once in a few miles and have a beer and shoot the breeze and maybe a game of pool...I'm looking for something thats going to take over my life and put me on the wanted list, I thought I'd specify..I love to ride and I'll stop and burn a smoke every 50-100 miles and get back on it..I've been all over, I know the bad from the good.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,396 Likes on 8,421 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyrider
Anyone know of any riding clubs or "gangs" in the Huntington, WV or Ashland, KY area? Looking for good folks to cruise with...debating whether or not to hit the HOG meeting at my dealership but from my experience they're generally not diggin' on the younger crowd.
I know there is a motor sickle gang in KY. there. There called BlueGrass HillBillys. They own that whole area. You have to be missin most of your teeth before they will even let you "hang around" You have to have a Harley and like big fat wimmin too. Ya have to play banjo and eat raw skunk, hunt deer with ur bare hands, and grow ur own.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

man dont tell him to put a 1%er diamond patch on...lol...you know someone will do it just because they read that.....get them hurt...lol,,,, i can just see that rolling into a bar with one of the Big 5 clubs and seeing that....lol...OUCH

Originally Posted by Herr Monk
bigskyrider, you know what I've found to be fun, and helps me find riding buddies? Patches. Stick a big patch on the back of your leather jacket. Like the one HOG sent you, but make it your own. Also, make sure you have a diamond patch with "1%" on it. Everyone will know you're badass that way and want to be your buddy. Seriously.

If you really want to be cool, go on ebay and buy some "three piece rockers" and put those on your jacket. You'll be f'n golden. Just make sure you can pull off the look.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:55 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just find some people from the forum and ride with em. Im 23 years old and no one my age rides harleys.....so i ride with people from the forum whenever i have the time....great people on here...

Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Just find some people from the forum and ride with em. Im 23 years old and no one my age rides harleys.....so i ride with people from the forum whenever i have the time....great people on here...
Why don't you ride with non-Harley riders?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

None of my close friends ride..i started riding becuase my grandfather rides but he cant ride right now due to one of his eyes starting to go blind. Doctor said it should heal but nothing yet. So i ride with the guys from here....

Old 02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

Trust me if i had friends that rode crotch rockets id ride with em now and then.......

Old 02-24-2009, 05:23 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Default Clubs

BigSkyRider,

I ride with an MC and live in Detroit. First off you don't join a club there is a process for becoming a member and from the sounds of it you don't belong there if you don't already know this process. And remember If you do happen to become a member of a 1% MC once your in it's hell to get out. Below are clubs in WV and the other link is rules and explanation of life in MC's the watered down condensed version.

http://www.westvirginiabikers.com/clubs.html

http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Quick Reply: Riding Clubs dare I say "gangs" in SW WV