Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Growing out of it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Nightster!
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiot
Nightster,

Couple things. First, I was in the Army for 4 years so I know that a lot of people don't appreciate the sacrfiices you make serving our country in the military. Thank you for your service. It's greatly appreciated even if sometimes you don't feel like people really care or understand. You have my upmost respect.

Second, if you're thinking about having the lady ride with you often you're definitely gonna want to do something with the shocks. Compare the ride with stock shocks to being in an M113. You're gonna feel the road. You can go with some progressive shocks that will give you a little more suspension travel so your lady friend doesn't end up in your lap the first time you bottom out. Take a look at some of the Nightsters in Europe to see what the added ride heighth would look like to see if you like that. There's also ways to get more travel without raising it up much if you want to do a little more work.

The pipes are Vance and Hines Short Shots. Take a look around on the internet for a good deal. They're pretty easy to find, but the black short shots are a bit more expensive than other pipes I've seen.
Very kind words. Thanks. The wife won't do much riding in the back. Actually, I do not think she will get on it except inside the neighborhood. I will stick to the Nightster and if in one year see the need to "get the larger combo" then I will, but I really think the nightster is the one for me.

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes and kind words. Hopefully some of us are not to far apart and can meet in the future. You never know!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 AM
CHITO_26
Cruiser

Get the bike that you really want or else later on you will regret it. The only thing I want to recommend is that you should look into a used Nightster or any other bike you are thinking of purchasing. There are many deals out there on used bikes especially right now with this economy. Craigslist has them all the time, with a bunch of accesories added on already and you will probably save a couple grand.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Nightster!
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CHITO_26
Get the bike that you really want or else later on you will regret it. The only thing I want to recommend is that you should look into a used Nightster or any other bike you are thinking of purchasing. There are many deals out there on used bikes especially right now with this economy. Craigslist has them all the time, with a bunch of accesories added on already and you will probably save a couple grand.
Thank you. I will start looking for them.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CHITO_26
You're right, you could save a couple grand. You could also be buying a couple grand in headaches too if it wasn't done right. Besides, part of the pleasure in putting that couple grand into "your" bike is the fun of choosing the goodies and doing it yourself.