Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder monsters

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
tjbindel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thunder monsters

I have Vance and Hines staggered short shots and I am unhappy with how quiet they are.

I thought about going to straight pipes,but after searching the internet and talking to the techs at the dealership, I decided the lost in performance wasn't worth it.

My questions:

How much louder are the BCT Thunder Monsters than the V&H baffles?

Are there any performance gains using Thunder Monsters vs. the V&H baffles?

Is there any other baffle options that compete with Thunder Monsters?

I am looking for the loudest sound, with little loss in performance.

Last edited by tjbindel; 01-22-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
WillieD
Cruiser

Email BCT and they will respond with some info. I'm looking for a deeper sound with more performance. Hope this thread leads to some answers.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
congo_usmc
Tourer

you could try cutting your baffles shorter to half or quarter their size should keep good back pressure and make them louder

Old 01-20-2009, 11:20 PM
kromer4life
Advanced

Yeah I got some of them in some cheap *** drag pipes and I love them. They sound great. I can also feel a little more kick. But I think my carb is jetted wrong for em. I got an S&S and i'm getting mad black smoke out the pipes... and the carb is pukin out some white smoke... any suggestions of what would cause this? and its leakin out of the overflow when I stop...

Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
tjbindel
Advanced

I sent them an email just now. will let ya'll know what I hear from them.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
WillieD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tjbindel
I sent them an email just now. will let ya'll know what I hear from them.
Yea, I want to know what you find out. I already did it but I'm on another laptop and cant remember what all they said. I wanted to put in the BCT baffels but I think I will have to re dyno.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

BCT Thunder Monsters baffels rock! i have them in my bike... really give a nice loud rumble! when i crack on it they scream! but if i dont i can roll past a cop or though town with no issues.. going too loud will get us all in trouble, and you bike will run like CRAP!!! i did have to retune when i dropped in the new baffels

Old 01-21-2009, 01:53 PM
tjbindel
Advanced

"Thanks for the inquiry on Big City Thunder Products.

The original Thunder Monster baffles would be louder than the Vance & Hines baffles with a deeper, throatier tone to the note of the exhaust. As to performance, when the Thunder Monster baffle are properly installed in a properly tuned bike your midrange performance should be improved over the Vance & Hines baffles and especially over no baffle.

Big City Thunder"

This is the reply I got from them. I think its a little modest, but I'm happy they didn't go on to brag or try and convince me they're the greatest. I think I may get a set just see what they're about. If I like the results maybe put them on dad's softtail.

Is there any one else out there to vouch for them?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

TJ if you check on the dyna section there is a HUGE group of us with them in our rides... i put them in my dads slop tail as well... where in IL you from? I am in the nw burbs of the city Elgin... you anywhere around us? we cruise all the time man, huge group... all kinds of bikes, harleys, rockets, metric, chops, hell we even have a buddy with a ducktaped bike, he refuses to let me work on it! hahahah your more than welcome to join us...

Old 01-21-2009, 02:42 PM
USA1HD1
Tourer

I them have in my short shots on my 08 Nightster much deeper sound and way louder do it it's only $80.00 .When ya call oreder them they will tell you to don't be lazy and drill a new hole further up into the pipe to mount them DO IT ! only takes about 45min to get this done and back on the road.
I have a SE- Supert Tuner I didnt not retune my bike it runs perfect! picked up mid range big time I pull the wheel going into 2nd . I dynoed at 80.6 HP

Get them scare little kids make women scream when ya go by.

Last edited by USA1HD1; 01-21-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Thunder monsters