Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder monsters

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
tjbindel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
TJ if you check on the dyna section there is a HUGE group of us with them in our rides... i put them in my dads slop tail as well... where in IL you from? I am in the nw burbs of the city Elgin... you anywhere around us? we cruise all the time man, huge group... all kinds of bikes, harleys, rockets, metric, chops, hell we even have a buddy with a ducktaped bike, he refuses to let me work on it! hahahah your more than welcome to join us...

I'm in Moline, IL. I'm hoping we get an early spring this year cause I leave for the Navy in march and I wanna ride the bike before I leave.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Chop05c
Advanced

Ditto on the BCT baffles! Got rid of the tinny sound and definitely see some more oomph midrange.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
markdt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my baffles out of my V&h pipes, to quiet them down a bit. All I did was use a cut off wheel and made a louver near the front of the baffle, about 1" from the end , then bent it down about 1/3 of the way. Slid them back in and got some extra midrange out of them. I did lose a little top end around 6500 rpm so I can't complain. It now has a deeper sound and is a little quieter...Mark..

Old 01-21-2009, 04:07 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tjbindel
I'm in Moline, IL. I'm hoping we get an early spring this year cause I leave for the Navy in march and I wanna ride the bike before I leave.
first off... CHOP05 that is one of the smoothest sportys i have EVER seen... ever!....
ya man hit me up i am down to ride whenever... PM me your number ill add you to the text folder... is send a text to ride to everyone, whoever replys goes!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Chop05c
Advanced

Appreciate the kudos, doin a few other mods while the snows on the ground, I'll post more pics when I'm done and can get it outside.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't believe how many people think there bikes have to make so much noise that everyone around them wants to kill them.
I had the same pipes as you and I put a set of those baffles in, I might as well have taken a hack saw to the pipes and saved the money, they not only where obnoxiuosly loudbut they also destroyed the bottom end performance of the bike.
If you people keep doing this stupid upgrade someday we will all have to use stock hush-hush mufflers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 PM
tjbindel
Advanced

Originally Posted by jag1886
I can't believe how many people think there bikes have to make so much noise that everyone around them wants to kill them.
I had the same pipes as you and I put a set of those baffles in, I might as well have taken a hack saw to the pipes and saved the money, they not only where obnoxiuosly loudbut they also destroyed the bottom end performance of the bike.
If you people keep doing this stupid upgrade someday we will all have to use stock hush-hush mufflers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now, don't be a Debby-Downer! When I read your post it makes me smile and I can't help but want to sing the ***-hole song by Dennis Leary.

But thanks for the feed back

Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
congo_usmc
Tourer

any body know a good place to get a deal on these baffles i cant even find them on ebay which is a rarety

Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 PM
BIGschwerm
Tourer

Love my thunder monster baffles i ended up having to gut my cycle shacks slip ons after powder coating them the baffles were holding to much backpressure (heat) in the slip ons and the powder ocating did not like that so i gutted them and installed the BCT head pipe baffles in the end of my head pipes smoothed out the power band and picked up some mid range power...going back on the dyno in a month to get a retune for my cams im going to have him do another base dyno with these baffles in so i can compare them to the improved 1527 cycle shack baffles....

Old 01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in this comparison between BCT baffles and Vand H, which Vand H is everyone refering to. i bought the "quiet baffles" for my short shots and havent installed them yet. from what ive read everyones making me think that they are actually going to make them louder.

Quick Reply: Thunder monsters