Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XR1200 – USA Production Run (???/750)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
furyus
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastEddie9
Are we posers or riders?
Ed
I suspect the answer would be posing, as in attempting to prove some asinine "theory" which is easily proven false, and parading around creating a registry of sorts by stealing someone else's work.

One poster wrote "something similar going on here." First, if you ding-dongs had actually LOOKED at the list, you would've seen that your "theory" was kaput. So your comprehension skills aren't so great.

Secondly it also would have been nice if Crapper had the decency to say something like, "Hey, there is a great list of XR1200 owners over at the XL Forum. Maybe we should try to make our own list here at HD Forums" or "I found this list at http://www.xlforum.net and gosh, after looking at it for a minute, I realize this theory thing we have is not going to work out." You know, maybe give a little credit where credit is due. Instead, Crapper just lifts the list and, straightening his little paper hat, proclaims that he has started an authoritative list of XR1200s.

The sad thing is that a little humility would have gone a long way, but instead you folks choose to be selfish and self-righteous.

Hey Dallara! You gotta admit one thing. This new system of 12A and 12B and 12C is pretty ingenious. Maybe you should steal it back. Oh, the irony!

furyus

Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you and Dallera have a new number that would be great and we could actually get this thread back on track. Beyond this I don't see this rhetoric as adding anything positive to the thread.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
furyus
Intermediate

Ok, Crap, let's get back on track, since this list is your own little forum pet project.

Why don't you explain your use of numbers AND letters, such as "6B" and "12C." I bet its because your too lazy to properly administer your own list! If you changed that 6B to a 7, then you'd have to change every number after that, all the way down the list!

So you stole the foundation of your list and now you're too lazy to properly maintain it. Good job!

furyus

Old 01-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Dallara
6th Gear
Wink Now that's funny...

~

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter

If you and Dallera have a new number that would be great and we could actually get this thread back on track. Beyond this I don't see this rhetoric as adding anything positive to the thread.

Hell, Craphound...

We don't have any problem getting a lot of people to volunteer their names, numbers, dealer names, etc. over on the other forum. Of course, there are a lot of people over on that forum that actually pre-ordered and own XR1200's. Hell, I've got nearly 1,500 miles on mine right now, and that's pretty tough to do in the six weeks I've had it given the number of bikes I've got.

How many folks have you actually gotten to volunteer their own info over here on the big-time, hooked in with Google HDForums board???

What, like two? Three? Five? How many, Mr. Crappy Listmeister? Do you really have any idea?

Or do you need me to set up your list for ya', or are you gonna' just rip off our list some more as we go?

Dallara

~

Last edited by Dallara; 01-31-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 AM
f2titan
Cruiser

Peace...It is about the bikes.

But, my observation (theory) still holds true until I see a serial number that proves different. Can any one show me an American XR1200 with a serial number that does NOT fall between 429XXX-433XXX?

Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dallara
~

Hell, Craphound...

We don't have any problem getting a lot of people to volunteer their names, numbers, dealer names, etc. over on the other forum. Of course, there are a lot of people over on that forum that actually pre-ordered and own XR1200's. Hell, I've got nearly 1,500 miles on mine right now, and that's pretty tough to do in the six weeks I've had it given the number of bikes I've got.

How many folks have you actually gotten to volunteer their own info over here on the big-time, hooked in with Google HDForums board???

What, like two? Three? Five? How many, Mr. Crappy Listmeister? Do you really have any idea?

Or do you need me to set up your list for ya', or are you gonna' just rip off our list some more as we go?

Dallara

~
Ya know, I think you're the one who is full of crap. You've managed to put 1,500 miles on a bike in how long? The number of bikes you have isn't relevant at all given the weather you have and I have 8 to support. Rather than shoot your stinking mouth off for 7 posts why don't you get off your butt and work the list here. No, you would rather moan like a stuck pig over something you can't control. Well hell, put up or shut up because you could work the list here too but we know this isn't your intent nor would you bother to give this forum the time of day. 1,500 miles in a month and a half of ownership (DOD 12/13/2008) with no weather excuses, that's funny..... For somebody that claims to have owned a bike dealer, a car dealer, been directly involved with Indy car racing, former flat track, MX, hare scrambles, enduro, and road racer you sure don't know much about VIN's.....

Last edited by 7/11 The Crapshooter; 01-31-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:35 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by f2titan
Peace...It is about the bikes.

But, my observation (theory) still holds true until I see a serial number that proves different. Can any one show me an American XR1200 with a serial number that does NOT fall between 429XXX-433XXX?
Yup, I have sat on 434721 that is waiting for an owner in Bowling Green Kentucky. It's the orange and black model. At present there are 6,606 units in between the numbers we have. The closest 2 were observed by breezybikerdeb 430403 and 430406, which she saw at the dealer when she purchased hers. Harley builds roughly 70,000 Sportsters a year so who knows which model 430405 is.

Last edited by 7/11 The Crapshooter; 01-31-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:32 AM
furyus
Intermediate

Yup, I have sat on 434721 that is waiting for an owner in Bowling Green Kentucky. It's the orange and black model.
Wow, you SAT on 434721? Really? Dang, that's bad ***, dude.

Take my name, last six and place of purchase off your list, Crap. I have not given you permission to post this information. Just put an asterisk and say that you're pretty sure there is one out there somewhere.

furyus

Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by furyus
Wow, you SAT on 434721? Really? Dang, that's bad ***, dude.

Take my name, last six and place of purchase off your list, Crap. I have not given you permission to post this information. Just put an asterisk and say that you're pretty sure there is one out there somewhere.

furyus
Yup and I didn't care for it at all. Just think about how much bike in terms of real goodies could be had for that 12K too. Oh, I know, it has soul right???

No way Jose, you already gave it up for free so don't be an Indian giver and no permission is required. Now, go back and play with the unfriendly people back at XLForums where you seem to spend all your time rubbing cheeks with Dallera.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 AM
furyus
Intermediate

Yup and I didn't care for it at all. Just think about how much bike in terms of real goodies could be had for that 12K too. Oh, I know, it has soul right???

No way Jose, you already gave it up for free so don't be an Indian giver and no permission is required. Now, go back and play with the unfriendly people back at XLForums where you seem to spend all your time rubbing cheeks with Dallera.
OK. Guess all your posts are "public domain" too. Fair enough. I can play, too.

Anyway, so what you're saying is that you don't even like the XR? Did sitting on it make your vagina hurt? Even still, you want to track VINs and ownership? What kind of freak are you, Crap?

I see that you reformatted your list. Called you on your laziness, and I was right. Didn't care to respond to that, did you?

furyus

Quick Reply: XR1200 – USA Production Run (???/750)