Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XR1200 – USA Production Run (???/750)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by furyus
Funny thing is, Crapper, you don't even have an XR1200, yet you're the self appointed keymaster to a hijacked list of owners - and you can't even do that right. 6B? 12B?

You wrote on this very forum that you ride a Harley because its "all you could afford." Yet you want to wear a little paper hat and count other people's XR's? And then you act rudely when called out.

I bet you're a daffodil in person, though.

furyus
I'm not the self appointed anything and yeah I did write that but you may want to throw the rest of that in there before you start running off at the mouth. I wrote that in passing relative to the fact I couldn't afford the bike pictured in that post which was a $120,000 MV Augusta.

So, if you want to keep track of the numbers then you do it; but you won't. I find it interesting you would even care other than to say it would appear you and Dallara have some ego thing about numbers gathered from some other place which is meaningless as it remains to be seen if those numbers are even valid.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Dallara
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down By any other name is still a...

~

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter

I'm not the self appointed anything and yeah I did write that but you may want to throw the rest of that in there before you start running off at the mouth. I wrote that in passing relative to the fact I couldn't afford the bike pictured in that post which was a $120,000 MV Augusta.

So, if you want to keep track of the numbers then you do it; but you won't. I find it interesting you would even care other than to say it would appear you and Dallara have some ego thing about numbers gathered from some other place which is meaningless as it remains to be seen if those numbers are even valid.

You can continue to dance like a ballerina and backpedal faster than a circus clown... Doesn't matter. You've already proved my point.

Nobody mentioned copyrighted material until you did... Nobody said anything about running any sort of DMV records until you did... Nobody else said a word about running around all over the place writing down VIN numbers until you did...

In all your obscufication, deflection, rambling irrelevance, sidestepping, and overall incoherence you have only served to prove that you, indeed...

- Do not have any real respect for anyone else, or what essentially does belong to them, regardless of your twisted interpretation of that ownership.

- Do not feel you need to exhibit even a modicum of common courtesy to anyone else in the world.

- Do not care even one nano-whit about anyone on the planet save yourself.

- Would much rather sneak around copying from others rather than hatching an idea of your own and carrying it through with even a small amount of effort... Or to put it another way, you're obvious incredibly lazy and probably copied off other folks tests, etc. the few years you were in school.

- Are apparently quite a rude, ill tempered, rather limaceous phial of mental purulence who would prefer not to admit he's acted improperly and could care less that you are perceived as completely lacking any class.

Have to admit I enjoyed the completely inane and irrelevant reference to there being educational exclusions to copyright laws... What? Now you're going to try and tell us that ripping my list off was somehow in the name of education?

You can duck, dodge, and try to deflect the subject any way you wish, but the fact still remains - you stole something without either permission or attribution. Roll it, pat it, sand it and paint it blue if you like, Crapper. Doesn't matter... It is what it is, and everybody knows it. You just keep making yourself look worse and worse.

Enjoy running around copying serial numbers...

Dallara

~

Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dallara
~
You can continue to dance like a ballerina and backpedal faster than a circus clown... Doesn't matter. You've already proved my point.

Nobody mentioned copyrighted material until you did... Nobody said anything about running any sort of DMV records until you did... Nobody else said a word about running around all over the place writing down VIN numbers until you did...

In all your obscufication, deflection, rambling irrelevance, sidestepping, and overall incoherence you have only served to prove that you, indeed...

- Do not have any real respect for anyone else, or what essentially does belong to them, regardless of your twisted interpretation of that ownership.

- Do not feel you need to exhibit even a modicum of common courtesy to anyone else in the world.

- Do not care even one nano-whit about anyone on the planet save yourself.

- Would much rather sneak around copying from others rather than hatching an idea of your own and carrying it through with even a small amount of effort... Or to put it another way, you're obvious incredibly lazy and probably copied off other folks tests, etc. the few years you were in school.

- Are apparently quite a rude, ill tempered, rather limaceous phial of mental purulence who would prefer not to admit he's acted improperly and could care less that you are perceived as completely lacking any class.

Have to admit I enjoyed the completely inane and irrelevant reference to there being educational exclusions to copyright laws... What? Now you're going to try and tell us that ripping my list off was somehow in the name of education?

You can duck, dodge, and try to deflect the subject any way you wish, but the fact still remains - you stole something without either permission or attribution. Roll it, pat it, sand it and paint it blue if you like, Crapper. Doesn't matter... It is what it is, and everybody knows it. You just keep making yourself look worse and worse.

Enjoy running around copying serial numbers...

Dallara

~
Once again, I don't need your permission and thank you, I will enjoy collecting as many numbers as can be found.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 PM
tinman05
6th Gear

right on crapshooter! someone seems to be a little **** about this. last time i heard anything printed on the net became public domain.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Dallara
6th Gear
Lightbulb Better check again...

~

Originally Posted by tinman05

...last time i heard anything printed on the net became public domain.

Then you better go tell whomever told you such nonsense that they're wrong...

http://www.internet-law-library.com/...blicdomain.php

Note this part from the above site:

"Contrary to the wording, however, whether materials are in public has no relationship to whether they fall into the Public Domain. This mistaken notion has somehow led many to believe that everything on the Internet is in public and therefore in the Public Domain and thus freely usable without permission. This is completely false."
It only becomes part of the "Public Domain" is if the person publishes it INTENDS for it to become part of the "Public Domain", period.

There are hundreds and hundreds of different places you can find this same information.

There is a particularly useful section on this issue on Wikipedia (which states all information published there is for the "Public Domain", BTW) you might want to look at...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

Where it says:

"Freely obtained does not mean free to republish

These factors have reinforced the false notion that "freely obtained" means "public domain." One could argue that the Internet is a publicly available domain, not licensed or controlled by any individual, company, or government; therefore, everything on the Internet is public domain. This specious argument ignores the fact that licensing rights are not dependent on the means of distribution or consumer acquisition. (If someone gives a person stolen merchandise, it is still stolen, even if the receiving party was not aware of it.) Chasing down copyright violations based on the idea that information is inherently free has become a primary focus of industries whose financial structure is based on their control of the distribution of such media.

(Almost) everything written down is copyrighted

Another complication is that publishing exclusively on the Internet has become extremely popular. In countries party to the Berne Convention, an author's original works are covered by copyright as soon as the work is put into a "fixed" form; no formal copyright notice or registration is necessary. But such laws were passed at a time when the focus was on materials that could not be as easily and cheaply reproduced as digital media, nor did they comprehend the ultimate impossibility of determining which set of electronic bits is original. All Internet postings (including blogs and emails) are copyrighted material unless explicitly stated otherwise.

The distribution of many types of Internet postings (particularly Usenet articles and messages sent to electronic mailing lists) inherently involves duplication. The act of posting such a work can therefore be taken to imply consent to a certain amount of copying, as dictated by the technical details of the manner of distribution. However, it does not imply total waiver of copyright."

So you are just as wrong as your buddy, Circle K Crapola... Neat, eh?

Right on!

Dallara

~

Last edited by Dallara; 01-30-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
f2titan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dallara
~

Then you better go tell whomever told you such nonsense that they're wrong...

http://www.internet-law-library.com/...blicdomain.php

Note this part from the above site:

It only becomes part of the "Public Domain" is if the person publishes it INTENDS for it to become part of the "Public Domain", period.

There are hundreds and hundreds of different places you can find this same information.

There is a particularly useful section on this issue on Wikipedia (which states all information published there is for the "Public Domain", BTW) you might want to look at...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

Where it says:

So you are just as wrong as your buddy, Circle K Crapola... Neat, eh?

Right on!

Dallara

~
Wow. Where to begin...

Dallara. I hope it was OK to quote you without your expressed permission. Because I see you quoted every one else in the world with out their permission. Including Wikipedia (please include Wikipedia consent form with next posting)

Just because Wikipedia states its a copyright issue. Does not mean it is. I can find just as many that state the opposite. You know this to be true. Quoting Wikipedia is just like saying I saw it on TV, therefore it must be true. Sure, its a good place for fast general information. But to use it as the rule of law. Come on, get a life!

Wikipedia is well known for being bias. Here is just one site.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Example...s_in_Wikipedia

Also, if you Google “XR1200 production run” or “XR1200 serial number”. You come up with this thread as the top hit. Not yours. I don’t recall giving Google the right to reference my post. Guess I have a copy right case to file.

Now, for my real point. I started this post, I asked the question, I was wondering about the 750 production run. I have never seen, or heard of the other site until today. I have an XR, and was very disappointed HD did not number the bikes from 1 to 750. Even if just to note it on the title, or a certificate. How hard could that be?!?!!?

But, I now see you’ve called my “theory” trash. As noted before. I’ve never seen you site. And was making a general statement to the fact that USA bikes seem to be running between 429XXX and 433XXX. After looking at your site (until I was blocked out for not joining) I saw no notice of this trend. I still hold that theory to be very true. And, I see no way for that to be disputed.

Thank you.

Last edited by f2titan; 01-30-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Dallara
6th Gear
Cool In response to another tap dancer...

Originally Posted by f2titan
Wow. Where to begin...

Dallara. I hope it was OK to quote you without your expressed permission. Because I see you quoted every one else in the world with out their permission. Including Wikipedia (please include Wikipedia consent form with next posting)

Just because Wikipedia states its a copyright issue. Does not mean it is. I can find just as many that state the opposite. You know this to be true. Quoting Wikipedia is just like saying I saw it on TV, therefore it must be true. Sure, its a good place for fast general information. But to use it as the rule of law. Come on, get a life!

Wikipedia is well known for being bias. Here is just one site.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Example...s_in_Wikipedia

Also, if you Google “XR1200 production run” or “XR1200 serial number”. You come up with this thread as the top hit. Not yours. I don’t recall giving Google the right to reference my post. Guess I have a copy right case to file.

Now, for my real point. I started this post, I asked the question, I was wondering about the 750 production run. I have never seen, or heard of the other site until today. I have an XR, and was very disappointed HD did not number the bikes from 1 to 750. Even if just to note it on the title, or a certificate. How hard could that be?!?!!?

But, I now see you’ve called my “theory” trash. As noted before. I’ve never seen you site. And was making a general statement to the fact that USA bikes seem to be running between 429XXX and 433XXX. After looking at your site (until I was blocked out for not joining) I saw no notice of this trend. I still hold that theory to be very true. And, I see no way for that to be disputed.

Thank you.

Well, first off...

Every time I quoted someone anywhere in this thread I gave them attribution. I never posted anyone else's words as my own as Crappy did. Big, big difference. If you can't understand the difference then nobody can help you...

Actually, I figure you know the difference, but were simply grasping at straws like Crapper was. Then again, I could be wrong and you really don't know the difference between attributing something to the person who wrote it and not doing so...

Second, if you can find any actual case law that refutes the sites I linked to, attributing them with the comments of course, then I say post 'em and let's see... But instead you want us to take your word for it, right?

Your link to Conservapedia proves nothing. It certainly doesn't refute anything at all from the http://www.internet-law-library.com/ link. But then again, you really can't refute it, can you?

As to your thread coming up in Google... Please, pray tell what that proves, or how it's relevant in the slightest with folks here ripping off other people's posts and info and placing them here as their own? Maybe a nice try at deflection and smoke screening but certainly not up to the level of your cohort in this thread. Just because HDForums ranks somehow higher in a Google search than XLForums has nothing whatsoever to do with whether you folks here are trying to scam info from other forums to post as your own work... Hell, I would expect an XL, Sportster-only forum to rank lower in a Google search than a generic Harley forum.

But I guess if I were to use your criteria I could ask why there are more than 28 people who have volunteered to be on the list I have posted on XLForums and you can't seem to get more than about 5 here... Why is that???

I am sorry you are so disappointed that your XR1200 was not somehow numbered as 1 of 750, but I can't help that. I suggest you write H-D about that. That will certainly do more to inform Harley about your perceptions than posting them here. Of course, that's just a suggestion...

And I'm sure you already thought of it... Question is, did you do it?

As for your "theory", do you remember writing this:

Originally Posted by f2titan

I’d like to hear your ending serial numbers to test our theory out. Mine ends in 432307, and should then be 307/750.

Sorry, but that "theory" simply is incorrect, period. Don't believe me, call H-D and ask 'em.

BTW, XLForums is not ***my*** site. It is another forum, and one I am simply a member of, just like I am a member here... And on some Ducati forums... And some Aprilia forums... And Kawasaki forums... Etc., etc., etc. Pretty much I am a member on certain forums for all the brands of bikes I own, and you could certainly join XLForums if you would like. It's free...

Dallara

Old 01-30-2009, 03:08 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tinman05
right on crapshooter! someone seems to be a little **** about this. last time i heard anything printed on the net became public domain.
One thing is for certain, somebody sure has a corn cob up their butt.....GRIN!!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
FastEddie9
6th Gear
Default Wtf?

Holy crap! No pun intended, Crapshooter. Come on guys, let's stop this pissing match. I've ridden bikes for over 40 years now to get AWAY from all this legal crap. At least for me, the idea is to use bikes to ESCAPE this artificial, arbitrary nonsense. Me, the road, track or trail and the bike. No rules, no BS. Just the ride. I work really hard at my profession and deal with medical, legislative and other issues as well. I look at bikes as a release. I think this thread has gotten way off target. Is it about enjoying motorcycles or this junk? Are we posers or riders?
I would recommend everyone go for a nice long ride, then have a tall cold beer, refocus and then make up.
Ed

Old 01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

None taken and I agree. It's about numbers and a bike. Who cares where the numbers come from.

Quick Reply: XR1200 – USA Production Run (???/750)