Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XR1200 – USA Production Run (???/750)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Dallara
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Doesn't anybody do their OWN work any longer???

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
Here we go for a start...

1.) # 429509 - Hawk Mechanic...

Hey,

What's the deal here?

I started the "List" thread over on the other board, and I'm the one who updates that list and maintains it. It was established for the members of that board over there... Please notice their member names and VIN's, which may or may not be their member names here. They may not even be members here at all, or want their info posted here.

I am a member over here, but I have seen so little activity here regarding XR1200's I didn't see any reason to start such a thread on this board. Though for the most part it doesn't really bother me that someone here has decided to be pretty lazy and simply rip off my list and posts, but it might bother some of those who post over there, and for whatever possible reason don't want their VIN's, etc. posted over here.

Might even be nice to take the time to ask if anybody has a problem with their VIN's, board nickname, etc. posted over here. That would be nothing more than simple, common courtesy... Something I'm sure folks here would expect and appreciate rather than some interloper simply ripping something off without people's permission.

Hopefully the moderators here will delete the ripped off post, etc. until someone does take the time to ask the folks over there if they want their info posted elsewhere without so much as a "Hey, buddy, would you mind if..." or the like.

You certainly don't see me coming over here, ripping off posters nicknames and VIN's and posting them over there... I'd come and ask first even if I wanted to do it.

And BTW, the VIN's have absolutely nothing to do with your pre-order or delivery number, period, and as such nobody's theory here is "testing true." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that simply from looking at my list.

Dallara

~

Last edited by Dallara; 01-28-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Doug.Mackenzie@tx.rr.com
Intermediate

You get them Dallara. You didn't have to start or maintain the "List" and it was kind of you to do so. I don't remember volunteering the info anywhere else.

Most of us are on both boards could have asked and done your own work.
What's with the ABC's anyway?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 PM
furyus
Intermediate

I'd like to ask the moderators to remove my name and vin from this list please. I gave dallara permission to use my info on another forum, and really don't care to have it posted here, especially by someone who didn't ask and doesn't give credit for someone else's work.

Crapshooter, you ripped this list off without acknowledgement - do your own work, dude.

furyus

Old 01-28-2009, 11:31 PM
tinman05
6th Gear

well if anybody cares heres another vin 436115 still on the floor at lone wolf harley coeur d alene, idaho.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Dallara
6th Gear
Thumbs down Hmmmmmmm...

~

Originally Posted by tinman05

well if anybody cares heres another vin 436115 still on the floor at lone wolf harley coeur d alene, idaho.

Wow,

I wonder if the rider that is going to buy that bike would feel about you posting his VIN info on this forum even before he bought it? Or even how the dealership feels about you posting the VIN information without their express, or even implied, permission?

I know exactly why we started our "List" over on the other forum, and if you will notice I asked people to post up their VIN's, etc. VOLUNTARILY and of their own volition. If someone doesn't wanted posted there they simply don't offer it up... It's up to them.

But over here I cannot for the life of me figure out what the purpose of this thread is here on this board... But worse than that is the simple fact you guys are NOT asking anyone to volunteer their info at all. In some cases you are clandestinely taking it without any permission whatsoever. Not only is such behavior simply WRONG on many different levels, it is also pretty juvenile and lacking any semblance of class or character.

I, for one, also want to ask the mods one more time to remove the post showing the list that I originated and worked on. At the very, very least I want my posting name, VIN, city information, and dealer information removed from any type of XR1200 list on this forum.

I would think you guys would actually respect the rights of other motorcycle riders and would want to treat them with at least a modicum of common courtesy, but I guess not.

Sad, really...

Dallara

~

Old 01-29-2009, 09:04 AM
breezybikerdeb
Stage IV

I have # 430406 Barbs HD Camden County New Jersey Received on Dec 5th. they also had #430403 and two others. # unknowed

Old 01-29-2009, 03:15 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallara
~

Wow,

I wonder if the rider that is going to buy that bike would feel about you posting his VIN info on this forum even before he bought it? Or even how
Hmm, Never quite seen anyone get in such am uproar over 6 digits in a VIN. Funny, those same 6 are available in any parking lot and they are also on the report of sale that is generally open for public view when new vehices are purchased and it gets plastered all over the inside of the window. Then, if you really wanted a list of VIN numbers all you have to do is go to the state and ask for the vehicles soild over a period of time and what's this? You got it, a list of the vehicles sold by the month but that's not free and you do have to be registered to get it. Take this one step further yet and if you posted your number on another forum for public display your presumption of privacy just went right out the window as is the usual case when you poat something on the world wide web. Let me know when it becomes illegal to post public information on a website that is open to the public..

Old 01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Dallara
6th Gear
Cool Interesting...

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
Hmm, Never quite seen anyone get in such am uproar over 6 digits in a VIN. Funny, those same 6 are available in any parking lot and they are also on the report of sale that is generally open for public view when new vehices are purchased and it gets plastered all over the inside of the window. Then, if you really wanted a list of VIN numbers all you have to do is go to the state and ask for the vehicles soild over a period of time and what's this? You got it, a list of the vehicles sold by the month but that's not free and you do have to be registered to get it. Take this one step further yet and if you posted your number on another forum for public display your presumption of privacy just went right out the window as is the usual case when you poat something on the world wide web. Let me know when it becomes illegal to post public information on a website that is open to the public..

So let me see if I get this straight...

1.) You could care less who posts your own VIN or where they post it... Anywhere on the 'net, right?

2.) You think it's just fine to post any VIN you find anywhere on the 'net wherever you see fit, right?

3.) You could care less about common courtesy, good manners, and having a sense of respect for other people, correct?

4.) You don't like doing your own work, but instead prefer to rip off other people's work whenever possible and/or whenever you see fit, right?

5.) And when you do rip off other people's work you feel no obligation to either ask them for permission to do so nor even attribute the work to them, right?

I just want to make sure I have a clear and definite insight into what we're dealing with here...

Dallara

Last edited by Dallara; 01-29-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallara
So let me see if I get this straight...

1.) You could care less who posts your own VIN or where they post it... Anywhere on the 'net, right?

2.) You think it's just fine to post any VIN you find anywhere on the 'net wherever you see fit, right?

3.) You could care less about common courtesy, good manners, and having a sense of respect for other people, correct?

4.) You don't like doing your own work, but instead prefer to rip off other people's work whenever possible and/or whenever you see fit, right?

5.) And when you do rip off other people's work you feel no obligation to either ask them for permission to do so nor even attribute the work to them, right?

I just want to make sure I have a clear and definite insight into what we're dealing with here...

Dallara
This is all very true except for a few things worth noting. The last 6 is not the entire VIN, which would be needed if 28's were to be run and this would only be if the individual had access to the local or national system.

Nothing has been ripped off. Copied yes, linked to yes and so what, it's public information and the work wasn't work at all. No, I do not now nor will I need your permission to use uncopyrighted material found on the web but you already know this now don't you. Fact is even copyrighted material has educational exclusions.

Yes, I could care less what you think or what courtesy you feel should be given to arrive at an end result. So, if this means getting the last 6 off of every XR1200 I come into contact with then so be it. Now, if you are so worried about yours, why not grind the numbers off so that every time it goes out of your garage it isn't left to public display. Just remember, you put your last 6 out there for the entire world to see and use as they saw fit and now you're crying about it.

The last 6 of my Sportster are 447779 and my Yamaha Sportbike is 000200. I have 6 more bikes would you like those too? Good luck if you think you can use those numbers to any benefit.....

Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
furyus
Intermediate

Funny thing is, Crapper, you don't even have an XR1200, yet you're the self appointed keymaster to a hijacked list of owners - and you can't even do that right. 6B? 12B?

You wrote on this very forum that you ride a Harley because its "all you could afford." Yet you want to wear a little paper hat and count other people's XR's? And then you act rudely when called out.

I bet you're a daffodil in person, though.

furyus

Quick Reply: XR1200 – USA Production Run (???/750)