Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over while sitting still! In Knoxville,TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

You best stay out of the denver metro area with those pipes.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 AM
TheLaw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly have never heard of receiving such flack for pipes......and I'm an attorney!

Here in Arkansas, especially Hot Springs where we have a big HOG rally, the cops look the other way and give a thumbs up as we all drive by racking them off!

The LAW

Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by confederate
You best stay out of the denver metro area with those pipes.
Thanks for the heads up dude, and I believe it. Not to mention I recently moved to Golden, CO and there is a State Patrol school here!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
MacAttack
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely go to court if you can, and bring your helmet. Here in Oregon many courts knock the fine down 50% if you show up to argue your case. Good luck!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If you know some cops go to them and have em sign em off.....

Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLaw
I honestly have never heard of receiving such flack for pipes......and I'm an attorney!

Here in Arkansas, especially Hot Springs where we have a big HOG rally, the cops look the other way and give a thumbs up as we all drive by racking them off!

The LAW
Man, you've got to get out of Arkansas counselor. There are all sorts of places that will give you a very big headache over loud pipes and have for years. North Hollywood California has been writing paper for pipes for at least the last 5 years last I know of.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
TheLaw
Tourer

I understand that kind of hassle happens elsewhere....but I am thrilled that it doesn't here.

The LAW

Old 01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I understand that kind of hassle happens elsewhere....but I am thrilled that it doesn't here.

The LAW
Oh, trust me, I'm right there with you as it has yet to hit Kentucky either. Folks here seem to love bikers and their money too. They all come out of the woodwork to see a biker run for charity and there are plenty of biker friendly establishments. They even have a deal downtown once a year with a band, vendors and all sorts of stuff. I hope it stays that way too. If we actually went by the letter of the law we would all be in trouble as Kentucky law doesn't allow for any mod that would make the bike louder than it came from the factory. That would really suck.....

Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by tinman05
the city fathers figure the way for them to get more revenue is for there police to give out more tickets. they dont call it a quota system but the pressure is there just the same.

It's not always the city fathers, but sometimes within the agency. Around here (Central Florida), cops know that they have to write a certain amount of tickets. Nevermind that there's no specific number discussed, because that would be a quota. It's just that when you review your tickets with your superior, he may mention that you don't have as many tickets as the others, or something to that effect.

The implication is that you aren't doing your job if you don't have the "right" number of tickets written. Never mind you have more felony arrests than anyone else, you still gotta have your tickets.

Petty politics are rife within law enforcement, and this is just one example.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
torags
Intermediate

The LAW
Hasn't been happening in Norcal that I know of.

Rags

Quick Reply: Pulled over while sitting still! In Knoxville,TN