Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo much better than stock!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:38 AM
bmizar
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sooo much better than stock!!!

So I found a guy locally selling a brand new pair of V&H Slip On's for really cheap and said he would install them for me. When I fired up my bike I was dying. I cannot believe how wussy they sound stock. My bike sounds like a real Harley now and seems a tad faster too. It sounds real deep and throaty with the quiet baffle in. The default baffle was not nearly as nice.

Cannot wait to get a full exhaust setup with the intake done.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Austen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

fo sho, go for the sideshots my friend!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EPA regs. have muted stock mufflers to the point that HD's have not sounded like HD's for years now......

and quiet mufflers have suddenly become so politically correct.

leave it to the good folks at V/H to bring out the REAL HD sound!!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I miss having loud pipes but I find running my stock pipes allows me to ride more often, earlier in the morning, later at night, and most importantly I have no fear of being ticketed for something I can prevent. Plus with neibors on both sides I feel I am giving them more respect. Then again no one has complained when I did have loud pipes and I never got a single ticket on any of my bikes. Maybe I'm just getting old!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Jones
I miss having loud pipes but I find running my stock pipes allows me to ride more often, earlier in the morning, later at night, and most importantly I have no fear of being ticketed for something I can prevent. Plus with neibors on both sides I feel I am giving them more respect. Then again no one has complained when I did have loud pipes and I never got a single ticket on any of my bikes. Maybe I'm just getting old!
Aha! THIS from the guy who said in a thread I had going a week or so back, and I quote "STOCK SUCKS!!". And you are right - I simply can NOT get used to the sound of my Nighster since I put the stock pipes back on. I have smaller (1.75") baffles on order (I have been told the 2.25" that I was running are definitely too much for my bike unless I do a lot of other "stuff" which I can't afford right now). BUt I just HAVE to do SOMETHING to sound better than stock. True, my neighbors are probably happier, and true, I do think it's running a bit better, and true, it's getting to the point that we'll all need to be fearful of getting ticketed for loud pipes, but ALSO true that STOCK SUCKS!!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Perch
Aha! THIS from the guy who said in a thread I had going a week or so back, and I quote "STOCK SUCKS!!". And you are right - I simply can NOT get used to the sound of my Nighster since I put the stock pipes back on. I have smaller (1.75") baffles on order (I have been told the 2.25" that I was running are definitely too much for my bike unless I do a lot of other "stuff" which I can't afford right now). BUt I just HAVE to do SOMETHING to sound better than stock. True, my neighbors are probably happier, and true, I do think it's running a bit better, and true, it's getting to the point that we'll all need to be fearful of getting ticketed for loud pipes, but ALSO true that STOCK SUCKS!!!!
I'm 25 going on 40!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Jones
I'm 25 going on 40!!!
Hmmm ... I'm 53 going on 25 (Then again some days I feel like I'm going on 83 )

If I could still be riding at 83 and feel like 53 that would be awesome!!