Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will these work...Turn Signal Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Will these work...Turn Signal Mounts

I haven't seen anyone with these on so i was wondering if anybody has had an experiences with these? I was thinking of powdercoating these black and installing them on my nightster. They're basically like the genuine HD ones but obviously not that obnoxiously long.

They say they fit late model sportsters, but there were some reviews on JP's website saying that they left a small gap between the triple tree and the mount when installed...Any feedback or opinions would be great.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...C-3799982A40A5

Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them and they work just fine:

Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I also have them.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by capttawes
I have them and they work just fine:

Were they a pain in the *** to install and align them? I can't really see from your pic, but is there a small gap in between?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior

If you can unscrew a bolt and re-install then yes its easy
Where they curve around the tree its about 1/8" gap and they stand off the trees exactly 3/4". It takes a little trial an error to align the lights parallel while keeping the mounts along the level of the tree (ya have to just hold firmly on the mount and tighten down after you've got the signal tighened at the right angle after mocking them up). I put a lockwasher between the signal and mount as well as using blue loctite to secure otherwise its easy to twist them off angle. The signal housing threads are pretty soft so the slightest mis-alignment getting the screw started will strip the threads (I did that once when removing them one time and had to re-tap the threads)

Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by capttawes
If you can unscrew a bolt and re-install then yes its easy
Where they curve around the tree its about 1/8" gap and they stand off the trees exactly 3/4". It takes a little trial an error to align the lights parallel while keeping the mounts along the level of the tree (ya have to just hold firmly on the mount and tighten down after you've got the signal tighened at the right angle after mocking them up). I put a lockwasher between the signal and mount as well as using blue loctite to secure otherwise its easy to twist them off angle. The signal housing threads are pretty soft so the slightest mis-alignment getting the screw started will strip the threads (I did that once when removing them one time and had to re-tap the threads)

Thanks for the info! I shouldn't be worried about the quality of the new triple tree bolt that will replace the current one, should I?

Old 09-17-2008, 02:17 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by papadop88
Thanks for the info! I shouldn't be worried about the quality of the new triple tree bolt that will replace the current one, should I?
No... but it will rust in the hex head as its chrome. Just use loctite and torque to spec.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have something similar. Mine may bring the signals in a little tighter than Capt's by like 1/4". One bracket was OEM from the handlebars, and I made the second one. I also found somebody that was selling them on EBay a while back, but can't find them now.
Edit...My sig pic does not show them....Need to update this dang thing.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 PM
tnt0303
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on mine. They are easy to install . I purchased short 5/16 bolts to mount the light to bracket though.

Attached Thumbnails Will these work...Turn Signal Mounts-snap-on-occ-023.jpg  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Found the seller on Ebay. Here's a picture from Ebay. See the oval bracket on the left with the bolt/threads sticking up off of it. That is an OEM part on (I think) the pre-'07 bikes which is on the underside of the handle bars to hold on the (I think) left side turnsignal. Anyway, I fab'd up a second one out of some spare flat bar I had, and it was done. I didn't need any of the other parts that they shown in this picture as my turnsignals screw'd right onto those threads coming out of the bracket and the triple tree pinch bolt went right through the hole at the other end of the bracket.

Last edited by WVHogRider; 09-18-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Will these work...Turn Signal Mounts