Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shortshots/sideshots

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shortshots/sideshots

bike's ready for the 1K service. and while it's there, i am contemplating putting on the new exhaust. while i would love to do this by myself, i figured well the bike is gonna be there anyway. that along with my lack of knowledge. anyway. i have seen and heard shortshots on nightsters. i like them a lot. understated looks, loud as hell. but how could you not fall in love with the sideshots. I have not seen any bikes around here with the sideshots. so here's the ?. radical looks. but are they "annoyingly" loud? will the quiet baffles tame them like they do with the shortshots? help a brotha out.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Flatlander
Road Warrior

They are a little louder, look sweet as hell and cost almost twice as much as shortshots

Old 09-14-2008, 06:48 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

You may want to check with your HD dealer first. They wouldn't install the V&H slipons for me here in California as they aren't 100% legal. Also, I'd recommend the QB's. They brought don't stop the pipes from being loud, but they do help it from dronning in your ears a little and make it a nice deep sound.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
super-k
Intermediate

hey, pharmd, I'm in the exact same positition. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow to set up that 1000 mile service and also ask around locally about which pipes to put on and whether they'll do it, etc. I'll let you know when I find out.....

Old 09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced

well i am pretty sure the dealer will do it b/c he told me he could have it done when the bike was first delivered along with the forward controls. being that i just handed him over 10K for the bike, i didn't feel too comfortable just signing off on all these extras. Granted it's about a month and a half later, and i have a wish list like a 10yr old on x-mas. this will be the first mod. but i was kinda surprised that the sideshots were that much $more$ than the shortshots. i still have the 10% savings on parts at the stealership. I think I will pull the trigger and just have them order the shortshots. idk maybe i'll wrap em later.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Dango
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Install yourself and learn about your bike. It's no big deal. Quiet baffles are the way to go imo.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
moresky
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dango
Install yourself and learn about your bike. It's no big deal. Quiet baffles are the way to go imo.
I agree, their a piece of cake to install, SS that is. You'll feel good knowing you did it yourself. I would reccomend a helper, a second set of hands and eyes can make the job much easier.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Austen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the side shots and they are amazing. i continuously get complements on them. as far as loudness...they are loud and have a lot of bass to the sound. i set off a car alarm the other week. it is definitely bearable when riding too. the reason u see a lot of short shots is because people are to cheap to fork out for the side shots. if ur already gonna spend the money, spend a lil more for the side shots and you wont be disappointed

Old 09-15-2008, 04:39 AM
wiggy995
Stage I

I also have the side shots, never even thought about the short shots, they are kick a$$. I want everyone to know I'm coming. Exaust was my first mod, along with a stage one and fuel pack. I've never been more happy.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Austen
the reason u see a lot of short shots is because people are to cheap to fork out for the side shots. if ur already gonna spend the money, spend a lil more for the side shots and you wont be disappointed
that may or may not be entirely true...you have to mod the pass peg mount with the side shots for 2 up,but the short shots you don't have to

Quick Reply: shortshots/sideshots