Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 things not to say/do when you hit a parked bike!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:07 PM
smartbait
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 5 things not to say/do when you hit a parked bike!

Okay, I get to Subway for lunch and find that all the spots in the small lot are taken. Not a big deal, I'll park out of the way so that everyone can pull out with no problem. SO I THOUGHT.....
I'm in line telling the lady what I want on my sub and I see a lady walk out and get into a small sports utility directly in front of the entrance door. My bike is also directly in front of the entrance door, just at the end of the lot. I figure she had to have seen the bike unless she had her eyes closed.
1st mistake: I watch her back out turning to her left when she should have went right to get out easy.
2nd mistake: She is turning left but looking right.
She is moving real slow, so I figure she has to see the bike. Well, the B%^&$ didn't.
3rd mistake: She backed up way too far in order to get out of her spot.
Next thing I know I see my bike rock to the left as she bumps it.
I call the lady a stupid B%^&$ as I run out of the shop and up to her window. I tell her, "YOU HIT MY BIKE"! She pulls to the side and gets out.
4th mistake: She walks up to me and tells me, "I didn't see it, it’s not my fault"!
I look at her crazy and tell her that YES it was her fault. She wasn't looking where she was going.
5th mistake: She then tells me, "If it wasn't parked in this ridiculous spot it wouldn't have got hit".
I look over the bike while ripping her a new one and to my surprise see no damage. She did push it over about six inches but the stand stayed down. No dints, scratches, or anything hanging. I was shocked! Turns out the back of the sports utility had a spare tire on the back, that had to have hit my shock and just nudged the bike over.
She explains that she is from Europe and her car was a rental. I get her info and let her take off after I made her a little scared. I should have called the cops to they could put a ticket in her hand to show her who’s fault it was.

Last edited by smartbait; 09-08-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad nothing happened to ur bike man!

"I didn't see it, it wasn't my fault." hahaha... Ya know, I wonder when the day will come when some people grow backbones and actually start owning up to their mistakes, instead of always trying to assign blame to someone else right away.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Mister H
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that people should own up to their own mistakes, but I wouldn't have parked there, either...

Old 09-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

She was at fault and should have admitted it, however you were not parked in a legal parking spot so it's best that you didn't have to get the police involved. I'm glad no damage was done to the bike.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Black bike, parked in the shade of the tree. Seeing it in the picture, it *is* hard to see. Maybe you would have had to walk a little bit to park somewhere better.

Yes. Her fault for not looking and seeing.
Yes. Your fault for parking somewhere other than a parking space.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:33 AM
The Communist
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's no way she should have had to pull out that far though...
plus to me that's a legal space...no yellow/red paint on the curb and ample room for cars.
and come on...black bike in the shade...if she couldn't see that she shouldn't be driving.

just my 2 cents

I've been parked in a regular parking spot and I'm surprised how many people have nearly hit my bike flying into the spot that i'm park in thinking it's empty >.<
people are just in too much of a hurry and don't care for much of anything but themselves.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:22 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by The Communist
people are just in too much of a hurry and don't care for much of anything but themselves.
Yup... that's why when parking, as when riding, we take into account the stupidity of others, and act accordingly.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 AM
stafford
Road Warrior

Don't think I'da called her a bitch either. Not nice. Glad your bike wasn't damaged

Old 09-09-2008, 06:00 AM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have keyed her rental....stupid bich

Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

To me that's also a legal space for a bike. It IS hard to see. It IS the lady's fault. I probably would have called the cops to make a report. No, I would not have expected them to issue a citation. If your bike hadn't been there she probably would have backed her rear tire into the curb. Glad the bike's not hurt.

Teek

Quick Reply: 5 things not to say/do when you hit a parked bike!