Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

music question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:58 PM
coze
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default music question

Do you guys listen to a mp3 player whilst riding?If so,do you use ear buds or do you have speakers in the helmet?

Old 09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
jdvorchak
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I listen to my MP3 player throught the speakers on the Goldwing. On the sportster the only music I hear is the engine trough the Screaming Eagle mufflers.

Seriously I have tried the earbuds and they don't stay in my ears. Probably will install speakers in my next full helmet. That way I can hear my tunes whether I'm on the Harley or the Honda.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
WRAITH
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't want the distraction while I'm riding.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:22 PM
AKsavage
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried it with earbuds and found that in order to hear the music at speed it was to loud while stopped, so now I just listen to the potato song.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Dameon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a good pair of in ear ear buds you don't have to turn the music up loud and you can hear it at any speed. The headphones i bought fit snuggly in my ears and when I don't want to hear the music I just leave them in because they work just like a good set of ear plugs. I have a Zune and I can here it fine on the interstate at 80 MPH.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coze
Do you guys listen to a mp3 player whilst riding?If so,do you use ear buds or do you have speakers in the helmet?
Helmet speakers for me. I did ear buds for years, but the convenience of not having to mess with the buds is really nice. Plus, I have volume controls rights on the side of the helmet.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
coze
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so bacon what kind of set up do you have?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
ccf2mb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy the bose ear bud, yeah they're 100 bucks, but they're well worth it.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
HarleyScuba
Grand HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Helmet speakers in a 3/4 with face shield. These work well:
http://www.whitehorsepress.com/produ...oducts_id=4987
Also, I use an in-line amplifier from Boostaroo. The Revolution is worth the extra dough. I've tried the basic/original version. It's nice but the Revolution really does the trick. I've ordered from both these sites multiple times and have not had any problems.
http://boostaroo.com/
It's nice on extended trips, but I don't use the 3/4 helmet much.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coze
so bacon what kind of set up do you have?
I wear a Nolan N-102 helmet with the Nolan N-Com system in it. I do not recommend this set up as the headset plays in mono and is very low fidelity, plus it's outlandishly expensive. Apparently, all of the magazines that were reviewing this product were just tickled pink to have integrated audio in the helmet they ignored the **** poor sound quality... Over all, I've found the N-Com system to be poor sound quality, poor voice quality (when I'm talking on the phone over it, the person on the other end doesn't hear me too well), very limited in its capabilities (You cannot integrate anything, if you want to change from music to CB or phone, or radar detecter, etc - you have to unplug something from a pig tail under your left ear and replug it with another cord) and prone to failure (the $100 control thingie on the side of the helmet flew off one day early into a ride, leaving me without tunes and a hole in the helmet right over my ear - made me all sorts of happy.) Plus, the battery life is stupid short (8 to 10 hours)

I am considering trashing the N-Com system and going with a system from Sierra-MC. I'm looking at this unit

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail....C%2DMIT%2D100U

but I haven't gotten Sierra on the phone to chat about it. I have heard excellent things about Sierra and I intend to buy the CB unit for my bike from them.

The upside to this unit is that if you wear something other than a Nolan, you can transfer the headset.

Quick Reply: music question