Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people ride side X side

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
rdss
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend. I never ride side by side because it makes me feel trapped, if a buddy pulls up beside me I either speed up or slow down. I usually try and keep a little bit of front to back seperation to let the rear guy have time to react.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
utexasrider
Tourer

ride side by side on another land but never share the same lane. i find it funny when somebody tries to do it on the same lane to talk to me. i can't hear you buddy.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
TWDJR
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Never sidexside...

Staggered only and if I can help it I like to have everyone with me in front of me where I can see them. I love my friends but they don't always think before the do things. I've seen them run into each other, run into the back of me, run into islands in the parking lots because they are too busy looking around to see if someone is looking at them.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ccf2mb
Side by side with my roommate only. Only person I trust enough to do it with.

That don't sound good!!!!!! Idahohawkboy I'm sorry to hear the bad news man I prefer staggered riding but I do ride side by side with 2 of my boys and then there are to other fellow riders I just don't trust to ride next to for totally different reasons. One sucks at riding all together and the other rides a rice rocket and he loves riding next to me around tight corners which is night and day for a harley vs. a street bike.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry about your friend.

I ride abreast with one of my buddies. I know the risks. If an accident were to happen, it would be just that (an accident).

Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHawkBoy
Well don't! I now have a friend that is in coma. Her and her friend were riding side by side she some how clipped her friends bike and flipped off hers and got ran over and pinned under the other bike, that was 2 weeks ago and the Doc's say it don’t look good. This might not be the place to post this but it involved 2 sportys so what the Hell! I really do want to know how you ride with your buddies, side X side, staggered est. Man when I ride with friends I'll tell them say in front or back cuz I use the whole Dam lane until we stop @ a stop sign or street light.
I don't ride side by side with any one. Ever. I don't care who they are, what the circumstance is, I will not allow anyone to ride next to me in the same lane.

Hell, I don't even like passing in the same lane.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Bryan53
Tourer

NEVER.

Thoughts and prayers out to your friend.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your friend! I lost 2 This year! No side by side here because i want the entire lane to myself!!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend...

I only ride side by side with people that I've ridden with and known for a long time.

If it's with people I don't know and have have no idea of their riding abilities (or lack of), I won't even ride with them in a staggered formation. In that case the best place to be is in the rear where you can keep an eye on what's going on and try to stay out of harms way.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I never ride side by side, only staggered.

Quick Reply: How many people ride side X side