Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some pics of my son's "new" 883

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008 | 10:31 AM
JRK5892
Banned

AWESOME! i have a few extra bars laying around jake let me know if he is intrested in swaping them... not sure what i got but i can look for ya... looks great! cleaning up that primay and motor will be nothing! man i am jelous! wish that was my first ride! mine was a barn bike i had to rebuild the wheel bearings to just get it on the road to push it home! ha ha ha... toss a new primary gasket on there and your golden! great GREAT find!

Old 08-26-2008 | 10:45 AM
JakeInMa
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
AWESOME! i have a few extra bars laying around jake let me know if he is intrested in swaping them... not sure what i got but i can look for ya... looks great! cleaning up that primay and motor will be nothing! man i am jelous! wish that was my first ride! mine was a barn bike i had to rebuild the wheel bearings to just get it on the road to push it home! ha ha ha... toss a new primary gasket on there and your golden! great GREAT find!
Joe, do you know if that acid can be cleaned or am I going to have to replace the primary? No big deal if I do, piece of cake. I'm also wondering about the stain on the engine case, whether or not that will be able to be cleaned. Any thoughts?

Old 08-26-2008 | 10:50 AM
JakeInMa
|
Outstanding HDF Member

My first bike was a 74' Ducati 450. The bike was a rat, but it was mine and I loved it!

Also, I'll be home in October and will see how he does with the "bucks". If you don't mind looking around to see what you've got, that'd be great. Although, I kind of like the "tough" stance it has with those bars.

I'm thinking of some slip ons, or if I can find a set of RevTech pipes for it, they sound awesome. I'm also thinking she may look better with a low profile solo seat like a Corbin or LePera. I just have to make sure my son is involved in what he wants to do to her, after all, it is his bike...

Last edited by JakeInMa; 08-26-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2008 | 10:51 AM
JakeInMa
|
Outstanding HDF Member

double post...

Last edited by JakeInMa; 08-26-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: double post...
Old 08-26-2008 | 11:01 AM
will227457
Road Master

you looking to adopt?

Old 08-26-2008 | 11:50 AM
JakeInMa
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by will227457
you looking to adopt?
Sorry...too late, you already have a hot looking Sportie...

Old 08-26-2008 | 12:11 PM
JRK5892
Banned

to remove that... personally i would pull it off and sand it down and polish it... if that is acid burnt into it, just polish it like anything else, start high grit and work your way down... should be able to do it with a drill bit attachment no problem! if you need a hand PM me ill email you a write up... as far as bars i will have to see what i got... i got a box of em...everytime i do a bar swap for someone they always just give me the old ones all yours $0 if i have any he likes... i would polish out the primary and do the motor and inner primary in black... check out this site... i love cheap builds and these guys are the best at it... check out what he did to his motor, with a bit of work and paint...holds up great... here are a few links for ya
this guy went black with his motor (check th prev threads for how to)
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=4840.45
this guy did a huge change in his motor
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5348.0
he has a how to on the 2nd page going over what he used... amazing the changes...

Old 08-26-2008 | 12:29 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member

What I wouldn't give to have that bike as the starting point for my next project! its a beauty!

Old 08-26-2008 | 01:02 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

dam thats nice. i wish i had the chance to ride with my dad, but the heavens had a different plan. charish every moment you can with your boy.. your son is going to love it. jackyl

Old 08-26-2008 | 01:07 PM
JakeInMa
|
Outstanding HDF Member

to remove that... personally i would pull it off and sand it down and polish it... if that is acid burnt into it, just polish it like anything else, start high grit and work your way down... should be able to do it with a drill bit attachment no problem! if you need a hand PM me ill email you a write up... as far as bars i will have to see what i got... i got a box of em...everytime i do a bar swap for someone they always just give me the old ones all yours $0 if i have any he likes... i would polish out the primary and do the motor and inner primary in black... check out this site... i love cheap builds and these guys are the best at it... check out what he did to his motor, with a bit of work and paint...holds up great... here are a few links for ya
this guy went black with his motor (check th prev threads for how to)
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=4840.45
this guy did a huge change in his motor
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5348.0
he has a how to on the 2nd page going over what he used... amazing the changes...
Hey Joe, thanks for the offer on the bars. I'll know more once I'm home in October and spend time with my boy. Thanks for the links too. I'm not too sure I'm going to paint the motor...just yet. I'd hate to strip down this gem just yet...

The links you put up are awesome too!

Quick Reply: Some pics of my son's "new" 883