Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE II Slipons v Rush Slipons

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:58 PM
CoffeeGuy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE II Slipons v Rush Slipons

I'm looking for some good mellow sound - nothing too loud or the two guys behind me with the little dogs will get upset - but something with a little more rumble than the stock pipes. After reading through the forum, I'd settled on the SE II slipons. When I was at the dealer for the bike show today, I asked one of the parts guys about them and he recommended Rush slipons instead. He said they had better sound and were louder. Obviously, "better sound" is subjective. Anyone have the Rush slipons? Can anyone compare them to the SE IIs?

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Mgarrett88
Intermediate

Cycle shack!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:34 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

SEII's are no longer available, he was talking about the street legal SE-SP and they are just a bit louder than the stock exhaust.
If you can find a good used set of the original SEII's I would recommend them, they have a nice low sound even at idle but are not really loud like drag pipes.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
CoffeeGuy
Advanced

Yes. My bad. I do mean the SE-SP. Although I found a pair of SE IIs on ebay - not sure I know enough about this stuff to buy something on ebay. Maybe the Rush 1.75s are equivilent to the older SE IIs in tone?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:50 AM
zonplyr
Cruiser

i have the rush 2", they sound great, nice and deep and loud but not obnoxious. haven't heard the se but i love my rush's.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:03 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear someone say something good about Rush. That is what I ordered for my 09UC. Was looking for something a little louder then my SEII's on my 06. We will see when I get them installed.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Gwatt
Novice

Hey, I'm new to the forum (my first post), but wanted to comment on the Rush exhaust. I went into the dealer service dept. yesterday and told them that I wanted a slip on exhaust, and didn't want to re-map the fuel, etc. They told me that I could either go with the SE-SP of which I would be disappointed, or go with the Rush 1.75's. I bought the Rush and put them on my 2008 XL1200C this morning. They sound great! A little louder that I expected, but I definitely have the sound I wanted. I can't wait to fire it up when I go to work at 6:00am tomorrow morning!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:31 PM
CoffeeGuy
Advanced

Hey - thats great. In fact, thats exactly what happened to me at Mile High. They must all have read the same memo or something. Good to hear that you like the Rushs. I'll probably get them - did you order them from the dealer or buy them on line? And you didn't need to do any re-mapping, etc..?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Gwatt
Novice

The dealer had two sets in stock, so I bought one from him. I paid $299, but the dealer takes 10% of the purchase price and puts in on a gift card, so I can use the $30 later to buy more goodies. So I guess that you could say that I got a discount. According to the dealer, I don't have to re-map the fuel, and it seems to be running just fine. I plan on keeping an eye on it though.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
ashenfang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the RUSH 2" as well on my xl883. I think they sound great. Nice low rumble at idle and a good bark when you get on it, then they settle down a bit when you are cruising. I did not do the remap yet. I will do that when I get my PCIII and SE air cleaner.

Something interesting to take note....after I put on the rush, I noticed a bit more power, and i know everyone says you may run a bit leaner, but I actually run a bit richer... I asked a non dealer certified harley mechanic about this and he said when you just open up the exhaust some, but keep the intake restricted, its possible to run a bit richer especially on fuel injected bikes.

Quick Reply: SE II Slipons v Rush Slipons