Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 PM
will227457
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile What did you do this weekend?

My Dad and I took a lil ride down the coast, those who are from CA we took highway one from Halfmoon bay down to Monterey, and came back up on superslab. about 240 miles round trip. It was a damp day along the coast and the whole way down I don't think it got warmer than 55, it was overcast and misty. We stopped at Pigen Point and took a pic of the light house. Great ride and views of the ocean the whole way down. There was a smallish swell in the water and I was thinking about how I can make a rack for my surfboard and attach it to my bike......something to think about for the future. we stopped in Santa Cruz at the HD dealership, the only time I have been tempted to trade in my sporty. They had 3000 off MSRP on the Rocker, 2000 off on the V-rod, 6000 off on the 110in HDs the special ones with the cool paint and shiny parts. I was strong and resisted I don't think I will ever sell the sporty when I get another HD I plan on keeping it. Oh my dad bought a t-shirt the guy can't help himself, he must have 30. We saddled up and took off to Monterey saw cannery row went to the HD store were my dad bought a hat. Then had lunch at a great resturant, The Rio Grill not cheap but totally awesome highly recommended to anyone who likes nice food. It was then time to head home, I tried to push it and see how far I could go on a tank....rolled into the gas station and took 3.25 gallons.....otherwise a great day spent with my old man!!!!

The Lighthouse

The Sporty

The old man and his Cross bones, which is a totally cool bike.....

Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 AM
wdatkinson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I longed to be out riding. Unfortunately due to an emergency appendectomy on Wednesday I can't lift anything over 20lbs or drive (ride) until Thursday at the earliest. So when the meds have allowed me, and now that I'm home from the hospital, I've been living vicariously through this forum. So thanks for your post!!!! I do open the garage and look at my Road King and Sportster today. Come on Thursday!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:59 AM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The X-bones and your bike look good together. Looks like you guys had a nice ride.

Went riding a little bit on the sporty with the girlfriend on her ninja. Damn that bike is a blast.

Last edited by killer scott; 08-18-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Nightster_Reaper
Tourer

i went to the rockstar energy mayhem festival friday and then took a ride down to atlantic city on the nightster saturday and came back tonight. great weekend!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to Tenkiller Lake, Oklahoma. About 260 miles one way. Spent night and came back in the afternoon. Warmer, couple of decent pics, but I'm definitely jealous of your Hwy 1 run. I have the same hoodie as your dad...perfect for the weather you had; I like mine a lot. Thanks for posting!

Teek

Old 08-18-2008, 05:14 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Saturday morning I rode with the Patriot Guard to stand flag duty at a funeral for CPO Peak, ended up being a pallbearer.
Later that day I took a ride down by Elizabeth City NC, about a 150 mile ride. Gorgeous day.
Early this morning around 3am I took a ride out near Williamsburg, stopped for a cup of coffee then headed back, about a 100 mile ride.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Slaps
Road Master

I rode around all Sunday and boy does that stock seat suck. Also I learned that I should use sunscreen and now I have a Harley sunburn logo on both hands.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Just did some local mental health riding on Saturday, yesterday had 3 separate deliveries...one to Richmond, Va., one local and one to California, Md. All told, 400 miles. What a great way to spend time w/your dad. You will always remember that.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do this weekend?-mebikenopink.jpg  
Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

What did I do this weekend? I was planning to go for a 250 miles trip and it turned into a nightmare. Many pictures to share
It was 85F Saturday afternoon and nice out there, I decided to finish work early and took my Fatty for a 250 miles ride. The first bit of the ride was great, after a while I felt big vibration on the bike, first I thought it was windy but I was wrong. Then I heard a big clunking noise coming from the rear wheel. I stopped right away and parked it on the side of the road. Guess what I found? All 5 bolts of the rear drive sprocket came loose, I mean they almost came all the way out, the bolt heads were hitting the belt guard and swing arm. What a nightmare! Thank god I carried some tools, I managed to tighten up 3 bolts, the rest of the bolts are striped I believe. I wasn't too far from my shop(40 miles away), I decided to take a chance and ride it back to work, I didn't take highway though. Half way back to my shop, it started making noise again, I knew the bolts were loose again, stopped and tightened them. Keep riding and repeat tightening for at least 3 times, finally made it.
The nightmare didn't end yet, pulled the rear wheel off, inspected the rear hub, all 5 holes are striped, I mean completely striped with minimal threads in them. Well, I thought I have to get a new wheel. I phoned Napa parts and they do carry the Helicoil kit, I said what da hell, let's do it, it is damaged anyway, worth a try. I drilled the 5 holes bigger, inserted the Helicoils, my buddy helped me picked up a new sprocket chrome cover and bolt kit, torqued to specification, they are held tight. After 2 1/2 hours of hard work, my bike is back on the road. Thank god I didn't have to get a new wheel, I can't imagine what's gonna happen if the rear bolts got jammed in the rear swing arm and lock the wheel, it was so damn closed.
If you have never checked your rear sprocket bolts, do it now!

Last edited by 128auto; 08-18-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yikes that is some scary ****. I better go check my bolts...

Quick Reply: What did you do this weekend?