Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nighster haters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 AM
vincentostapowich
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nighster haters?

Kris,,I hear ya,,I thought the same thing when the nightster and Rocker came out.
But you have to hand it to Harley for capitalizing on the fairly recent successes of shows like biker build off etc.
Shows like these have brought those styles to the main stream,,and the masses of people realize they look cool.
So,,if i cant build one,,,I can now buy one!
Good on them,,,after all,,they are in business to make money.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:28 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Who gives a f!@# what they... or anyone else for that matter.... thinks
&nbsp\\;
Do you love your bike?.... I know I love mine
&nbsp\\;
I think the Nightster is the koolest thing going
&nbsp\\;
F!@$ the Haters

Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 AM
hunter_aran
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think part of the reason is that right after the nightster came it it got a bad rap because so many harley and/or motorcycle noobs flooded various forums with retarded questions. One particular instance was where a guy asked how he could get more horsepower on his engine on a sportster forum. When someone gave him some general suggestions, he said that his special "nightster engine" is different than a sportster engine and that he needs info on that. With an ignorant attitude like that, I can imagine many got pissed off, but unfortunately not at that particular dumb owner, but at the nightster and the whole crowd it attracts. BTW, I guess the nightster also requires special nightster oil and a nightster paint care kit, I've been told. [sm=noooo.gif]

Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

ORIGINAL: hunter_aran

I think part of the reason is that right after the nightster came it it got a bad rap because so many harley and/or motorcycle noobs flooded various forums with retarded questions. One particular instance was where a guy asked how he could get more horsepower on his engine on a sportster forum. When someone gave him some general suggestions, he said that his special "nightster engine" is different than a sportster engine and that he needs info on that. With an ignorant attitude like that, I can imagine many got pissed off, but unfortunately not at that particular dumb owner, but at the nightster and the whole crowd it attracts. BTW, I guess the nightster also requires special nightster oil and a nightster paint care kit, I've been told. [sm=noooo.gif]
And wasn't there just a request here last week for a separate Nightie section on the forum? [&:]

Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 AM
HDXXX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Nightster Nightie? Just saying...No disrespect...&nbsp\\;The visual would be good

Old 07-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Langley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they have special Nightster headlight fluid?!?!&nbsp\\;

Old 07-10-2008, 04:55 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

QCB don't like Nightsters because they're basically 'production' bobbers....which is kind of an oxymoron, to be truthful.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They tend to steer clear of them because one, they're fuel injected/rubber mounted which is a BIG no-no in the custom bobber/chopper world...in fact, some will rag on you for having anything newer than an Ironhead., and two, as said before...it comes across as MoCo trying to take advantage of a scene that's mostly subculture and VERY against the grain to attract new buyers.

You're basically talking about a whole other world with a VERY different mindset on what a chopper and a bobber are.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Most of them don't even LIKE Harley Davidson (the company).

They use the powerplants, but a quick trip through the member gallery (where the HellCat USED to be pictured as well) will give you an idea of what you're dealing with in that crowd.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If you read the membership application info, you'll see that they clearly state that it's NOT for everyone and it's NOT for people who appreciate a production HD.

Hope this helps, from a former member of that forum.

BTW, I decided to leave over there because I don't like my own kind...we're too arrogant and mean to be piled in together like that and it can get ugly sometimes.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:06 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Nothing at all wrong with the Nightster but there does seem to be quite a few owners that think they are somehow above other Sporty's.

&nbsp\\;
Oh by the way Artekuna I got 52 mpg this weekend on a 200 mile ride.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:12 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Nightsters are cute&nbsp\\;[sm=badbadbad.gif]

In all honesty, I really don't hate them, but I really don't see myself ever riding one.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Certainly not my style of bike, but I think they look cool.&nbsp\\; And they seem to be very popular.&nbsp\\; I finally actually saw one on the road a few days ago.&nbsp\\; Well, it was close enough to being on the road.&nbsp\\; A guy was getting off a Nightster in the parking lot of a resturant, as I passed by.

Quick Reply: Nighster haters?