Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I had my first on-purpose ride in the pouring rain yesterday......

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Well I had my first on-purpose ride in the pouring rain yesterday......

I just received my new rain gear from the http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

I picked up the Nelson-Rigg two piece VTL-700 Rain suit

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Rain...VTL700-Big.htm

Of course I got it in Orange/Black/Silver, gotta show dem MoCo colors!

It was raining cats and dogs on my way home from work and the suit was outstanding!

Kept me dry as a bone. It has the panels on the insides of the legs to keep them from melting on the hot pipes! A very worthwhile investment.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
ChefE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well I had my first on-purpose ride in the pouring rain yesterday......

I was out in that storm yesterday here in Williamsburg, but not on purpose.&nbsp\\; I had to run some errands after work and got caught out in it.&nbsp\\; My rain gear consists of my work uniform...it doesn't repel water.&nbsp\\; But, with the windshield, I only really get wet from the knees down...unless I have to sit in trafic.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Well I had my first on-purpose ride in the pouring rain yesterday......

I had a nice rainsuit years ago. I wish I could remember who I loaned it too....

Old 07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I rode home from work in the Hampton Roads area yesterday and caught some rain. No rain suit and my damn jacket decided to bust it's zipper. Kinda sucked but better than the car. [8D]
On Sunday me and 3 other guys wen't riding out to Petersburg and caught some rain but I had my Frogg Toggs with me and wore them for the first time. And even though I had to pull the humongous pants up to my chest, they rocked.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

doesn't that void the warranty

Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal dude. Always good to ride in the rain. I got rained on on my way to work today. Then the day was beautiful. And on the way home, guess what? Yep, rain again.

I always have my rain suit with me. You never know.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No rain touched me today! [8D]

Old 07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got caught in a serious thunderstorm on the way home from work about a month back...&nbsp\\; At first I was pizzed... Didn't care about getting wet (only a 20 minute ride)... I was just irritated thinking about all the extra cleaning/drying I would have to do when I got home...
&nbsp\\;
Funny thing is... Once I accepted the fact that the bike was getting wet....very wet.... I actually enjoyed it.... Throwing up fishtails and rippin through puddles is actually kind of fun...
&nbsp\\;
Kind of reminded me that if that was the worst thing that was going to happen to me that day.... Life really wasn't so bad

Old 07-10-2008, 08:20 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I also did an intentional ride in the rain yesterday.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Wasn't the first time, but it sure makes ya question your judgement when you are putting on the rain suit in the garage, and rain is falling down in buckets.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
It's one thing to get caught out in the rain.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Total different story to leave the house on the bike in the rain.&nbsp\\;It ended up being about 180 miles in the rain.\\\\\\; My neighbors all just shook there head as I rode out the driveway, and down the street.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Poor cagers, they just don't get it.