Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Any Body taken MSF Course? Rider Edge

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 04:54 PM
painter
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Any Body taken MSF Course? Rider Edge

Well I,m a beginer rider with very limited experience. I have my learners permit so I have been riding my bike @ low speeds in my nieborhood. Pratice stoping low speed turns etc.I signed up for the class @ seminole harley here in sanford ,Fl . I,m a pretty good sised guy and that buel blast that they use for course verry small and is hard for me to shift gears and work the brake petal with my big old feet. Any ways I thouhgt I was doing pretty good Intill I took the final test and it was like forgot everthing. Any way,s I did not pass the road part wich i have re- take next week&nbsp\\; that bites but rather be save then sorry
&nbsp\\;
Painter
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 PM
condition001
Cruiser
Default RE: Has Any Body taken MSF Course? Rider Edge

same here. i did great until the test part of it. i passed, but that box thing almost got me. its the pressure i guess. good luck next time around.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM
painter
Intermediate

Yea That and the fact that I was next to the last rider and it was screaming hot like around 95 today the guy in font of me also failded to.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 PM
ChefE
Tourer

Even though I had my license, I had not riden in several years so I took the course to just refresh myself.&nbsp\\; I wish I had had a Buell Blast to do it on.&nbsp\\; I am 6'1" and did it on a Suzuki 250 Dualsport.&nbsp\\; Talk about cramped...but you can drag a peg on it though.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Dyflam
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: painter

Well I,m a beginer rider with very limited experience. I have my learners permit so I have been riding my bike @ low speeds in my nieborhood. Pratice stoping low speed turns etc.I signed up for the class @ seminole harley here in sanford ,Fl . I,m a pretty good sised guy and that buel blast that they use for course verry small and is hard for me to shift gears and work the brake petal with my big old feet. Any ways I thouhgt I was doing pretty good Intill I took the final test and it was like forgot everthing. Any way,s I did not pass the road part wich i have re- take next week&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; that bites but rather be save then sorry
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Painter
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
All normal. I rode through all the practice stuff like a breeze. As soon as they said "this is for evaluation" I immediately became retarded. The U turn stuff is a son of a bitch. What they told me was whatever you do, do not put your feet down. Going outside the line is a hit but not as bad. Hang in there painter... a lot to learn about riding. Especially at slow speed.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
painter
Intermediate

yea i no.......The instructors were greate it was all in head I don't test well I'll get it I definatly don't want to push it I value my life to much.
&nbsp\\;
Painter

Old 07-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Sethiroth
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was hell.

Blazing hot. Boring. I already knew "most" of what I learned.
&nbsp\\;
But it gives you a discount on your insurance, and I didnt have to take the test at the BMV. And it was free with my bike purchase. So....

Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM
gbjr78
Intermediate

I live in PA and took the course.&nbsp\\; I liked t and thought that it should let you test with your own bike the beginner course does not.&nbsp\\; The advanced course does let you use your bike and i thikn i learned more from that.&nbsp\\; m2c.

Gary &nbsp\\;

Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Pythagrean
Cruiser

I just took the course a few weeks ago in Texas 99 degree heat and I was second to last. It was tough, but I was lucky and scored the highest in a class of 12. The box is the hardest part and the secret is learning how to use the friction zone. After you learn the friction zone properly it is gravy from there.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Also make sure you turn your head, it is amazing how much easier slow turns are when you turn your head.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Keep your head up high and keep practicing you will get it.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the MSF class on a 250 Rebel, and I am also a big guy. Very hard to ride a bike that small. I ride the sporty much better. The class was good I learned a few things. Plus in FL you have to have the class to get your endorsement. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Has Any Body taken MSF Course? Rider Edge