Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chug, chug, chug????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:55 PM
BradNailer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chug, chug, chug????

I shift into 2nd around 40.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 AM
LoneRyder
Tourer

1st gear to 20mph
2nd gear to 40mph
3rd gear to 60mph
4th gear to 75mph
5th gear to 125mph
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Anything less than that and your are pu**y!&nbsp\\; Oh and thats 2-up!!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Dyflam
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: higg47

Around town it's a 1 down and 3 up bike. Never hit 5th till I'm out on the highway.
That's basically how I ride too. I can't really ride in 5th unless I'm going at least 50. So sometimes when the speed limit is 45 I cheat a little.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 AM
BluePotato
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

I hit 4th at 45 mph.
+1 on that.&nbsp\\; No lugging.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, you are lugging the engine....Run it into higher RPM's before shifting.&nbsp\\; 5th gear is way to high for 50MPH...Hell, my rev limiter is just kicking in around 47-50mph in 1st....and that's 2up....[sm=happybounce.gif]....

Old 07-07-2008, 08:07 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: LoneRyder

1st gear to 20mph
2nd gear to 40mph
3rd gear to 60mph
4th gear to 75mph
5th gear to 125mph
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Anything less than that and your are pu**y!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Oh and thats 2-up!!
Aside from the 2up thing........Yeah.&nbsp\\; That's pretty much it.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 08:20 AM
racinorange
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it' gonna sound cliche', but my sporty HATES 55 mph...wasn't that a sammy hagar song?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2-5/8" Mini Tach Kit with Shift Light - Black Face

Now available with an attention-grabbing rider-selectable shift light, these chrome-plated, 0-8,000 RPM mini tachometers add style and function. Measuring 2-5/8 inches in diameter, these chrome-plated tachs boast superior illumination and high-quality construction. The hard-coated lens is both fog and scratch-resistant and is ultrasonically welded to the case, resulting in a strong, reliable seal. These tach kits deliver impressive accuracy and response. Our exclusive, balanced pointer design allows for a quick, precise needle sweep and minimal low idle flutter. Plus, reverse polarity and over-voltage protection ensures these quality tachs are immune to voltage surges, low-voltage interference and ignition coil inductive kick-back. Tested to the highest industry standards, each kit is specifically designed for each model, with styling that matches current speedometer graphics, including a lighted pointer. Complete wiring, hardware, and installation instructions are included.

69829-06

Fits '96-'03 and '07-later XL Custom, '96-later FXDWG, '06 FXD35, '07-later FXDC, '84-later FX Softail® (except '07-later FXSTC), '86-later FL Softail® (except '07-later FLSTF), and '94-later Road King® models equipped with Mini Tach Mounting Bracket. Separate purchase of application specific Mounting Bracket and Gauge Housing is required.&nbsp\\;

MSRP US $149.95

4" Combination Speedometer/Tachometer - Color-Matched Lighting

Now available for 4" Speedometer applications. This unique Combination Speedometer/Tachometer allows you to monitor engine speed without adding a handlebar-mounted tach. The unit mounts in the stock 4" gauge opening and is a direct plug-in installation. Utilizing the trip reset push button, the multi-color LED lighting system allows the rider to adjust the backlighting of the gauge to the color of choice. With over 600 color tone options, the gauge lighting can be matched to any paint scheme or viewing preference. The gauge features an easy-to-read LCD odometer/tripmeter. Mileage reinstatement is available through your dealer.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

74726-08

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '07-later XL models. '07 models require separate purchase of Resistor Pack P/N 72545-08.&nbsp\\;

MSRP US $499.95

Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
LoneRyder
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 6o66er

ORIGINAL: LoneRyder

1st gear to 20mph
2nd gear to 40mph
3rd gear to 60mph
4th gear to 75mph
5th gear to 125mph
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Anything less than that and your are pu**y!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Oh and thats 2-up!!
Aside from the 2up thing........Yeah.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; That's pretty much it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
LOL welcome back a**hole! &nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I would've posted my 1-up numbers but you would've got on me for showin off.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
LoneRyder
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Egras2k

2-5/8" Mini Tach Kit with Shift Light - Black Face

Now available with an attention-grabbing rider-selectable shift light, these chrome-plated, 0-8,000 RPM mini tachometers add style and function. Measuring 2-5/8 inches in diameter, these chrome-plated tachs boast superior illumination and high-quality construction. The hard-coated lens is both fog and scratch-resistant and is ultrasonically welded to the case, resulting in a strong, reliable seal. These tach kits deliver impressive accuracy and response. Our exclusive, balanced pointer design allows for a quick, precise needle sweep and minimal low idle flutter. Plus, reverse polarity and over-voltage protection ensures these quality tachs are immune to voltage surges, low-voltage interference and ignition coil inductive kick-back. Tested to the highest industry standards, each kit is specifically designed for each model, with styling that matches current speedometer graphics, including a lighted pointer. Complete wiring, hardware, and installation instructions are included.

69829-06

Fits '96-'03 and '07-later XL Custom, '96-later FXDWG, '06 FXD35, '07-later FXDC, '84-later FX Softail® (except '07-later FXSTC), '86-later FL Softail® (except '07-later FLSTF), and '94-later Road King® models equipped with Mini Tach Mounting Bracket. Separate purchase of application specific Mounting Bracket and Gauge Housing is required.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

MSRP US $149.95

4" Combination Speedometer/Tachometer - Color-Matched Lighting

Now available for 4" Speedometer applications. This unique Combination Speedometer/Tachometer allows you to monitor engine speed without adding a handlebar-mounted tach. The unit mounts in the stock 4" gauge opening and is a direct plug-in installation. Utilizing the trip reset push button, the multi-color LED lighting system allows the rider to adjust the backlighting of the gauge to the color of choice. With over 600 color tone options, the gauge lighting can be matched to any paint scheme or viewing preference. The gauge features an easy-to-read LCD odometer/tripmeter. Mileage reinstatement is available through your dealer.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

74726-08

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '07-later XL models. '07 models require separate purchase of Resistor Pack P/N 72545-08.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

MSRP US $499.95
&nbsp\\;
For 49.95 Ill ride around next to you and YELL at you when to shift..&nbsp\\; Thats a huge savings depending on how you look at it.

Quick Reply: Chug, chug, chug????