Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not ANOTHER saddlebag question???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not ANOTHER saddlebag question???

As many of you know, my bike was brutally sucker punched last weekend without a chance to defend itself and I found it lying in the parking lot on the right side. It has some cosmetic damage to it, and Progressive settled under Comprehensive. More than I thought, but still, I'm a cheap little bastard. I have the Rigid Leather saddlebags on now, which are scuffed up, and Progressive treated me well. I've had a chance to use them a little and though they have more room than the bags in my avatar, they are very narrow and actually don't hold nearly as much as their outer dimensions suggest. Soooooo....I'm thinking of getting the HD "Rider Express" Leather bags, primarily because it's supposedly the roomiest bags they offer, and secondly because it takes the same hardware I have on there now. Who has these bags and are they good? HD says they hold 2100 cubic in. but is that PER bag, or both together? How deep are they? How weather resistant (not the leather itself, but the flap letting in wind and rain at 70 mph?) Stargazer, where are ya, hon? Oh, and I put some leather creme on the bags so they don't look as bad as they do in the pic, but the scuffs are definitely there. I CARRY crap, so that's why the bags.

Teek
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM
hogsport
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not ANOTHER saddlebag question???

Teek,
Don't know about capacity, but the ones you have now look way better than the ones in the second pic.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

I'm here Teek whatcha need, sweetie????

Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanna check out your nice, supple pair of bags!&nbsp\\;Seriously, don't you have the Express Rider bags? The ones that are supposed to be the largest Sportster bags made? If so, tell me about 'em. If not, well....tell me about what you have!&nbsp\\;Or do you have throwovers? Well, looking carefully at yours I think they are different, but tell me about what you have anyway!
&nbsp\\;
hogsport, I was kinda thinkin' the same thing, but I like the ones in the second pic, too. And I NEED room!&nbsp\\;I'm in no big hurry though. Any comments from anyone will be appreciated. Oh, and I HAVE a rally pack, too. I gotta go to work now.
Teek

Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

Just pick some bags would ya...
You need to come up here to buy a few cartons of smokes,
just remember to pack the raingear...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Steve_in_FL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Teek, sorry to hear about your scoot getting hurt!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Nightster_Reaper
Tourer

i would get a replacement right side bag for the ones already on the bike they lookg great. the ones in the smaller pic look to stiff and out of place.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did a bag search for my sporty and settled for none. Cant find just the right bags to fit my idea. For now I have a pocket in the back of my high vis vest that holds some gear and a small pack for the sissy bar if I need more.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Teek

I wanna check out your nice, supple pair of bags!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Seriously, don't you have the Express Rider bags? The ones that are supposed to be the largest Sportster bags made? If so, tell me about 'em. If not, well....tell me about what you have!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Or do you have throwovers? Well, looking carefully at yours I think they are different, but tell me about what you have anyway!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
hogsport, I was kinda thinkin' the same thing, but I like the ones in the second pic, too. And I NEED room!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I'm in no big hurry though. Any comments from anyone will be appreciated. Oh, and I HAVE a rally pack, too. I gotta go to work now.
Teek
&nbsp\\;
TEEK, I actually have the throw overs.&nbsp\\; I had the brackets installed as well.&nbsp\\; I like them, but I AM going to a bigger bag.&nbsp\\; These just don't have enough room for all my "Stuff".... hehehe.&nbsp\\; I had them put on the bike when I bought it, and in hindsight I should have gone with the bigger ones from the start.&nbsp\\; If you're not carrying a LOT of stuff, they're great, compact, they don't over power the look of the bike, etc. But if you need lots of room I'd get something different.&nbsp\\; BTW the invoice for them from the Dealer said "Pony Bags" and I paid $289 for them.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\; Hope that helps.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
hottrocker
Cruiser

Very happy with the hard bags I bought from Mutazu.com.
Came shipped for $140.00.&nbsp\\; Cant beat that for that price.&nbsp\\; They aren't very big.&nbsp\\; But all I need them for is the rain gear and the occasional bottle of whiskey.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47452/6B80823AB4B14D7F9579F89DC37FE643.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47452/FEF68BA840D341F18106D743E2C8D6BA.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Not ANOTHER saddlebag question???