Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit by cager - Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Thompson Gunner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hit by cager - Now what?

If you are still in the Military you should have free legal through the JAG office. They may not be the best qualified to handle the case BUT they WILL look out for your well being and help you find a good attorney to get this settled the right way. I would DEFINITELY go after his A$$!!! If he owns it now he wouldn't when I was done with him. There is NO WAY the guy couldn't have known he had an accident!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am going to assume your active duty (33 yrs old with 4 years left till retirement = 20 yrs at 37 / joined at 17). Shouldnt affect your career that I know of. I have many Soldiers invovled in auto/motorcycle accidents over the years. They recover or they medically chapter. At 16 years in service I would put you in an office/admin job for your last few years and have you ride it out. MMEB process would take prolly 18 months anyway and has a million ways to slow the process.

Far as the legal action. JAG wont do much as they are for the unit commanders needs, but you can see the Trial Defense Services on your installation for assistance. Often they can give you advice or legal assistance.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:46 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'de take everthing that M/F'er has or is thinking about having, you don't run a red light hit someone and keep going, not realizieing you hit someone, I hope the guy has a butt load of assets and you get em all.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad your gonna make it.
&nbsp\\;
Im disappointed that dude is not sitting in jail though, i can see how someone might do everything he did, right up until he took off.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:24 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is nuts.&nbsp\\; I think you should grab him, throw him across a car hood, pick him up, slap him for being a hit-n-run b*tch, and then sue him.
&nbsp\\;
Hope everything turns out right man!

Old 06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: thomasf59

I'de take everthing that M/F'er has or is thinking about having, you don't run a red light hit someone and keep going, not realizieing you hit someone, I hope the guy has a butt load of assets and you get em all.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
AGREED.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Not only did that phuckstyck cause physical damage that will/may affect you the rest of your life, he may very well have cost you MONEY for the rest of your life, ie losing your retirement if you can't stay in your last four years,&nbsp\\; etc etc.
&nbsp\\;
Best of luck to you.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

First off, thank you for your service to this great country, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you can get this setteled to your satisfaction, the scoot can be fixed better than new. Glad to hear you have an appointment with a lawer, good luck there. Take that turd for everything you can. Maybe if you're lucky, the state you're in will have some "time" for him to think about what he did. Let us know what comes of this if you will.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

WTF! Sounds like attempted vehicular manslaughter to me! Take him for everything he has! Glad you made it thru now the real journey begins my friend. Good luck and god speed!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Healey2Harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty damn bad when action on home streets almost as dangerous as Iraq. Get well and get him!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:14 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a lawyer.

Quick Reply: Hit by cager - Now what?