Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures! Edit to include the story, scroll down.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
beendad
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pictures/Story Across the South West

Wow Amzie! That was an amazing write up about an incredible trip! I feel like I went on the trip with you now! You know what makes riding such a special thing after reading a story such as this, the good times and the bad times all combine to make indelible memories! I am in awe of you right now... Thanks a million.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

As others have already said, you certainly do have a talent for writing. Might I suggest you consider writing&nbsp\\;tales of future trips and make them into a book, dedicated to your sister.
&nbsp\\;
I've experienced loss myself, and they way you described how you were feeling certainly spoke to me and brought more than a single tear.
&nbsp\\;
Regarding the change in your riding friend at the end of the trip, perhaps re entry, as you describe it simply hit him sooner than you due to his having been back in his own house for several hours by then and with all the normal hum drum aspects of life already trying to take over from the adventure which was now over. Try not to judge him too harshly.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Amzie
Road Captain

Thank you everyone for the complements.
I will have to go back and add more detail to the last few entries. I cheated myself and the readers ... I didn't realise I had left out so much until my brother read it and said ... what about ***** and what about *****, and so on... I guess I am still in recovery.[\\]
I am trying to put it all together on another host site that wont be so persnickety about people getting into to view. I will post the link once I am done... but it is a slow process, I am loading ALL the photos, not just the ones that MSN would let me.

and Photo... I judge myself harshly for not handleing it better than I did, not him. [&o]

Anyway.. thank you all, you made me feel pretty good.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:40 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that really is an amazing tale... made me think about the people in my life and what i would do for them. puts a perspective on life i never thought about before

thanks for that, and glad you made it there and back safely

Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 AM
ragtyme
Tourer

Excellent story Amzie, thanks for putting it in writing.
Northern Arizona is a very spiritual place and and you described it well.
Thanks again for sharing your special journey with us.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 AM
1200efi
Tourer

You go girl, thank you for the read, I know some of my camp fire stories in the future will start off with " I know this girl that.......

Old 08-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Amzie
Road Captain
Smile been awhile

Wow...this place has changed, and I haven't been gone that long!
I came in to copy the link to this story to be able to paste it in the newest trip story that I am getting ready to post, & noticed some new replies. Thank you!
It looks like we now have a road trips section on here ... so I guess I will need to post the new story there.... I will put a link in the sportster section for my family though.

Thanks again everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
kdhd1200C
Advanced

Amazing story. It sounds like an incredible trip, and I'm anxious for you to go on another just so I can read about it. Thanks for putting your experience to paper, or at least to a keyboard.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:18 AM
btroy
Cruiser

ooppss

Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Amzie
Road Captain
Default New pictures .. and moved the old ones.

For all of you who couldn't get into the old album - I moved it here - http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...9/t_=140668419

I also have a new pictures of the trip I just got back from here - http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...9/t_=140668419

I have a great new story to go with the pictures .. but the site wont let me upload it - they say it is too long and if I try to make it fit - it will be a butcher job. I have a PM in to Terry, but I have not heard from him yet. I may just have to post it over on MRCA to get it out. Ugh.

Last edited by Amzie; 08-13-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Links looked the same - but they work.

Quick Reply: Pictures! Edit to include the story, scroll down.