Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kicking butt and taking names

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Amzie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicking butt and taking names

3300 miles, 7 states, and extreme temperatures both hot and cold ... I'm back.
My sister has beautiful overlooks both on the North Rim and in Bryce Canyon. (I took her ashes to their final resting place - for those of you who don't know the story)
I took pictures, not a lot of them.. but some good ones. As soon as I get the film developed (dark ages - no digital), I will put up a page with them all and post the link.
Thank you all for your pre-trip tips and advice. The only problems I had were a rear brake that went out .. spent 2 nights in Durango so the HD dealer could fix that .. and on the way back I went dead...popped the clutch to start it, and at the next gas station it quit acting up. Now that I am home though... it will not re fire. Got to go into the dealer the next few days and get a new battery and my 15K service (although I am OVER the 15K mark now.
The one thing no one told me is how hard re entry is! Miles of nothing but my own thoughts, no t.v., no computer, ... it took me 2 full days after being back before I could curb the want to say "would you please NOT talk to me" .... I am almost back to normal now. But sheesh... I was ready to hop back on and disappear before I even pulled in the gate. I still feel that way even now... but I am passed the point where I want to take heads for making me speak about mundane things like mowing, etc...
I have lots of road stories ... met some great people, made new friends. I kept a journal of the trip and will include some of the highlights in the page I throw up when I get the pictures back.
The only thing I want to know now is... how soon can I get out of here and do it again?!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:14 PM
beendad
Road Warrior
Default RE: Kicking butt and taking names

I hadn't heard about your sister... my condolences. Sounds like a great ride though! How long were you gone? Anything stand out as the highlight of the trip besides what your ultimate endeavor was?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been to Bryce&nbsp\\;Canyon and took the&nbsp\\;horseback tour.&nbsp\\; Absolutely beautiful there.&nbsp\\; Welcome back.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Amzie,
&nbsp\\;
I had not heard about your sister, and I am sorry for your loss.&nbsp\\; This board has been messed up&nbsp\\;so I&nbsp\\;stayed off of it due to frustration for about 2-3 weeks.
&nbsp\\;
Readjustment back into the crazy life we lead after a ride like yours can be painful, as you articulated&nbsp\\;so well.&nbsp\\; I'm looking forward to your pics and narrative.&nbsp\\; Glad you're back safe and sound...

Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Now that's a road trip. Glad everything worked out well and you made it back safe. We look forward to the pics.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
ecaldwell78
Tourer

Sounds like an awesome trip and very touching farewell.&nbsp\\; Can't wait to see pics and read some stories!&nbsp\\; BTW welcome back.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less

Got a good trip and did a good deed.&nbsp\\; You're all right.
&nbsp\\;
From the way you sound it could be the time for the sequel to "Then Came Bronson"
&nbsp\\;
"Then Came Amzie"

Old 06-27-2008, 05:05 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 06-27-2008, 06:11 PM
seven7
Tourer

sounds like a very nice trip, welcome back!!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:24 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior

welcome back, glad you made it back safe. Cant wait to see pics and read your road accounts.

Quick Reply: Kicking butt and taking names