Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Security System

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 PM
TheEdge
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smart Security System

Does anyone know how to make the security system chirp when it flashes the lights...I read it can do it, but Im not sure if its has to be told to do it, or does it physically have to be rewired?

Old 06-09-2008, 06:05 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Smart Security System

Yeah install the siren that is optional!

Old 06-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Simon UK
Tourer

ORIGINAL: thomasf59

Yeah install the siren that is optional!
&nbsp\\;
And he ain't joking!
&nbsp\\;
First thing to do is to check whether your bike actually has the audible siren fitted. If you move the bike without the fob present and the lights flash but there's no noise, then the lack of sound would indicate that you don't have the audible siren module fitted.
&nbsp\\;
If you have the audible siren and it makes lots of noise when you move the bike, but doesn't chirp when it sets itself each time you turn off the ignition, I think that's the default setting. I'm pretty sure there are instructions in the owner's manual for how to change the setting and make the thing chirp.
&nbsp\\;
Personally, I prefer not to be chirped at every time I shut the bike down, but each to their own.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:36 AM
MADOGA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine never made a noise for the first 1000km now when i take the key out or walk away it chirps and flashes indicators, no idea why at all

Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
TheEdge
Advanced

Ok, I read the owners manual, and there is an additional piece of hardware.&nbsp\\; The "chirper", I guess if I want it I have to buy it separately.&nbsp\\; I dont necessarily WANT it to chirp, but as a theft deterrant I think it would be good...the flashing doesnt really grab attention as much as the noise.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I was also reading there is a code you can enter that disables the alarm alltogether, I set the PIN last night...thats a nice little jewel the dealership didnt tell me...basically IF someone wanted to steal the bike and knew the pin they could disable the alarm...you need the key, but still...kinda messed up they didnt tell me....

Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 AM
rdss
Road Captain

I just installed the Smart Siren II Saturday, it was kind of a pain but easily installed overall.&nbsp\\; That thing definately screams when it is set off, but the arm/disarm chirp isn't extremely loud.&nbsp\\; I will probably be getting the rechargable pager sooner than later also.&nbsp\\; I really do not think I need the full gambet of alarm systems up in Maine, but once I get back down to Florida it will be nice to have.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell I put mine in over the winter and I still havent programmed the damn thing.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:30 PM
TheEdge
Advanced

How much was the chirper?

Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
rdss
Road Captain

It lists for $99.95, but, I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;got it on sale for 15% off at my local dealer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Their 15% off sales are just about the only reason I even go back.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I went with the Smart Siren II because I plan on adding the rechargeable pager later on and the regular does not have a built in antenna.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Smart Siren for Nighster 68352-04A
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Smart Siren II for Nighster 68352-06

Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Mandog
Road Master

ORIGINAL: rdss

It lists for $99.95, but, I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;got it on sale for 15% off at my local dealer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Their 15% off sales are just about the only reason I even go back.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I went with the Smart Siren II because I plan on adding the rechargeable pager later on and the regular does not have a built in antenna.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Smart Siren for Nighster 68352-04A
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Smart Siren II for Nighster 68352-06

Quick Reply: Smart Security System