Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost got slammed

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
ecaldwell78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost got slammed

From what I could find on the web, Cesar Millan is a dog whisperer.&nbsp\\; He trains pets and you train humans....Dunno if it is the same guy.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Somber Goat
Tourer

lmao, I've watched the show numerous times late at night flipping through the channels.

If you watch it though you realize the dogs are the easy part.... its the humans that need training 90% of the time.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
smadge
Intermediate

This is a bit off the original topic, but I remember back in early '03, I was a First Sergeant in a Combat Engineer Company and we were getting ready to deploy to Iraq.&nbsp\\; We were undergoing what is referred to as a "Mission Rehearsal Exercise".&nbsp\\; During the course of this, and I won't bore you with the details, a young soldier made a colossal error and it resulted in two soldiers being marked as KIA (not for real - just by the evaluators).&nbsp\\; He was counseled by his Platoon Sergeant, but it appeared to me that there was a lot of energy passing uninterrupted through this young mans head - he wasn't "getting it".&nbsp\\; The solution I came up with was geared towards the age that he was carrying himself - an ignorant adolecent.&nbsp\\; That night, I gave him a homework assignment.&nbsp\\; His task:&nbsp\\; Write letters to the parents of the two soldiers that through his ignorance, died before they could be treated.&nbsp\\; (He locked up the medical evac vehicle and took the keys with him)&nbsp\\;
He went through a serious amount of stress trying to&nbsp\\;compose those letters and there were tears and angst.&nbsp\\; The next morning, he was summoned to the front of our company formation where I instructed him to read the letters.&nbsp\\; The atmospere was in a word - brutal.&nbsp\\; You could have heard a pin drop.&nbsp\\; I did not have to say a word after.&nbsp\\; To a man, all 141 of of them, they&nbsp\\;"got it" and the attention to detail reached exponential levels.&nbsp\\; We took care of one another and did not loose a man to enemy action or carelessness.&nbsp\\;
I unfortunately buried 3 of them shortly after we redeployed due to car &amp\\; M/C accidents (separate incidents)&nbsp\\; They had been through so much&nbsp\\;and survived that they thought they were indestructable.&nbsp\\; We all know&nbsp\\;better now.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Smadge, I salute you!!&nbsp\\; Being a vet myself (Vietnam), I admire your cool-headed respond to the close call as well as the young soldier's mistake.&nbsp\\; In my army days, DI and/or CO will literally kick some serious *** for making stupid mistakes/bad decisions.&nbsp\\; I'm sure we're all glad that you walk away from serious accident.&nbsp\\;

Hell, I remember when I came back in country, being young and dumb, I thought I was invincible.&nbsp\\; Throughout the years, I've learned better.

Thank you for serving our great nation.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
smadge
Intermediate

test
3/4 - thanks for the compliment and THANK YOU for your service.&nbsp\\; That was a tough time back then.
Hope this posts as it is only about 25th try....