Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New mods and pics comin.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:08 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New mods and pics comin.....

Progressive lowering kit goes on tomorrow...I'm actually gonna work the spacers to get a perfect 3/4" drop up front instead of 1 1/4". I've also blacked out some more stuff with HD wrinkle black and I'll get some pics up of my new wiring setup as well. I think next up I'm getting some black 412 rear shocks without those stupid covers and 1.5" lowering blocks for them. It'll be the same seat height as a rigid, but since the fender is swingarm mounted, I don't have to worry about rubbing tires and all that noise.

Here's a little sneak peek at how the wrinkle came out.....

Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: New mods and pics comin.....

Can't wait to see the pics. I want a lower kit but Dawn still rides on the back ofmine still[:@]I'll have some newpics coming also. Just ordered my new tank emblems (from a denim street bob) & buying my paint tomarrow. I'm going with a real deep forest green flake. Hoping we can get the right color tomarrow& not have to just settle. I should be looking for it now[8D]I want it to look black & in the light you see the pine green color. My bike should be painted next weekend & then off to Thunder In The Valley!!![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your bike is one of a kind 666. Its wicked

Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks! I'm interested to see how much the ride will improve with Progressive suspension front and rear. I took into account the rake and trail, and with a 3/4 drop up front and then the drop in the back, I'll be at around 3.25" of trail, which isn't perfect, but it will be a great look and ride well enough for my taste.

I'm also looking into designing a new "hidden" seat bracket and swapping out the seat for a new lower profile one.

With the way I ride, I think going with a hardtail frame would be a bad idea, lol. I'm gonna hold off on that one for a while until I can piece together bike #3, lol.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

That Deluxe had an influence on you wanting a more cushy ride I see...

Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

........maybe.

[>:]

lol, actually yeah it did. That thing was like riding a cloud, man. Even hoppin train tracks, peaks in intersections, didn't matter... it just glides. I'm kinda likin that feel...and on the Sporty that would mean I could go even faster [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea I scoffed at needing a cushier ride when I had the Sporty but once you ride a bike you like with a cushier suspension it is hard to go back.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 AM
beuz
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Still a very nice ride !!!!
Looking better mods after mods !!!
Nice job !!!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:07 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your bike should ride better but still not plush like that ST did by any means. I had 11" shocks and std. progressive springs up front for awhile and foudn that the 11.5" I have now are a bit better (personally I thing 12.5" with lower brackets would be better yet since the springs are softer and have more travel).
I had a spring style bobber seat once too and have a Lepera Silhouette now which sits much lower and is far more comfy (thats a relative term with a seat having about 1+" of padding).

Bike is looking good. I still wanna hardtail mine in the distant future (when I can afford a more comfy second bike). I still think SPS and Flyrite have to most rockinstyles out there.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Yea I scoffed at needing a cushier ride when I had the Sporty but once you ride a bike you like with a cushier suspension it is hard to go back.
SO TRUE

i borrowed a friends kawasaki vulcan to go to san diego for a few days with my girlfriend, and now that im back on my sporty it feels so stiff!! i want more suspension!! hahaha

Quick Reply: New mods and pics comin.....