Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadtrip and firearm questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Roadtrip and firearm questions

I cant speak for all Popo's. but if I stopped a lone female on a roadtrip (with her sister...) and she happened to be carrying (safely, like not just stuffed in her pants pr something) I'd wish her well and let her carry on. I'd want MY sister/wife/mother/girlfriend to be packin some heat too.

On a side note, if youre not well trained with your firearm of choice, get some training before you leave. Guns are frequently taken away from people and used against them.

On another side note, be comfortable in your own mind that you have what it takes to USE your firearm on someone. Be honest with yourself. Can I or cant I? If you cant, leave it home.

Good luck on your trip. Sounds like your sister woulda loved it.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
The Communist
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just curious as to what each of you carry when you're out on trips?

I'll be taking my CCW class and getting my permit as soon as i turn 21 on June 17th. And i'll definately have something close at hand when I head out on my trip in August from Florida to Tenn. and camping out.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Amzie
Road Captain

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers - they are gratefully accepted. Thank you again SP .. I knew you would remember. I am looking forward to hitting the road. And Thank you for the heads up on the closed Sundays! I knew that, I have quite a few mormons around me - I had just forgotten it! I also wonder if they sell coffee - since they don't believe in drinking it. Hmmm... I think I am going to have make a tiny bit more room for my compact coffee maker!

No need to worry on my being comfortable with a gun and/or using it. I am by nature peace loving ... but I am no push over. My father started me very young. I have handled everything from 22 caliber, Elephant gun (bout broke my fricken collar bone!!), Uzi, to M16 in ROTC. I can break down and re-assemble too. As stated before, I have had a personal stalker who made my life hell for awhile. I have had my car, home, broken into - my personal mail razor bladed open in my box, and place of employment broken in to by that bozo. Freak even stole my underwear from my house. When my place of employment was broken into, and I was not allowed to carry a weapon there, I took some serious martial arts and incorporated that into my skills too. That is long over - but the lessons learned are carried with me daily. I do miss being able to walk thru a parking lot with out a care in the world, and such innocent things as that... but such is life.
My gosh I didn't mean to turn this into a novel! Anyway - thank you all again.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
riverman
Cruiser

You are going to have a good ride.&nbsp\\; Wish I were going with you.
&nbsp\\;
Most states have what is called the peacful traveler law.&nbsp\\; It says that if you are passing through the state you will not be harassed for carrying a FA.&nbsp\\; Now, that assumes that it is not readily accessable and is not loaded.&nbsp\\; When you stop, load it and be ready.&nbsp\\; Next day pack it away.&nbsp\\; Carrying it at the ready, concealed, as you travel will depend on each state's ccw law.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Amzie
Road Captain

I posted this in the other threads ... I hope that isn't a no-no here.
Anyway, for those of you asking for a report, here is the link -

Ashes to the Grand Canyon 08

Shu said the page was asking you to be a member - I set it to public, but if it acts up again ... make up an address, and you should be able to breeze right in.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1)&nbsp\\; Fuel - I carry a couple 1L MSR fuel bottles.&nbsp\\; How many depends on where I'm heading.&nbsp\\; If you hunt around, you will find some nice ways to mount them on frame rails, highway bars, or where ever you wish to get them out of your saddlebags.&nbsp\\; (Mine go right into the saddlebags...)

2)&nbsp\\; firearms - You should contact the law enforcement in the states you plan on travelling through before carrying a loaded handgun.&nbsp\\; While your intentions are purely innocent and you have absolutely no intention of breaking the law, you do not want to inadvertantly get on the wrong side.&nbsp\\; If possible, you should become licensed to carry in your home state and take advantage of recipricocity laws.&nbsp\\; If I were in your position, I certainly would carry a sidearm - but I would make certain that I was following the law and that no fault could be found in my actions.