Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mini rant!!1 UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008 | 08:14 PM
EricM
|
Cruiser
Default RE: mini rant!!1

Well this guy isn't a dealer. He is just a Harley performance shop. I guess he was just boasting that his work made good numbers.

So on that TC88A unit. Is it something that is plug and play or do I still need to take it and have it tuned? As one said, I don't know why the dyno didn't have an air/fuel ratio on it. A dyno is useless without it.

Old 05-19-2008 | 08:20 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

I think that shops reputation needs a re-evaluation. The guy sounds like a douche bag know-nothing ***** and didn't really help you AT ALL. If he builds drag bikes, then he should understand that not everyone rides one. Who cares what you're riding besides you? All you're asking him to do is run it and give you information on what you can do to further tune your current setup. In not doing so...he is in fact an *** hat with a super ego.

Run it at a shop that gives a damn and get an A/F reading...this will show you where your problems are so you know WHAT you need to do to correct them. After you clean up your tune, then worry about further upgrades.

And just from what I'm seeing...it doesn't look like you're too out of whack.

Old 05-19-2008 | 08:25 PM
cHarley
Club Member

ORIGINAL: EricM

Well this guy isn't a dealer. He is just a Harley performance shop. I guess he was just boasting that his work made good numbers.

So on that TC88A unit. Is it something that is plug and play or do I still need to take it and have it tuned? As one said, I don't know why the dyno didn't have an air/fuel ratio on it. A dyno is useless without it.
The TC88A comes with a map but it is optimized for the TC88 motor. You can either have it tuned by a decent dyno guy, or if you have a laptop and buy the connecting cable, I can send you the optimized map I am using and you can just load it to the module yourself.

Old 05-20-2008 | 08:49 AM
rob i
Road Master

EricM-

As someone who works in sales, let me tell you that this guy is using a sleazy tactic called a negative sell. It is employed by the lowest of the low in the sales world. It's generally a tactic that is used when the seller has no confidence in their own product and relies on bashing others in order to secure a sale. It's an awful tactic and one that when used on me causes me to walk, no, run away. I do not ever deal with someone that uses a negative sell.

You have a great set up. Take it to someone else if you want to eek every bit of performance out of it. Do not go back to this huckster.

A good salesman, no matter what industry he works in, will never use a negative sell. They may point out things in their own products that perhaps makes up for deficiencies in a competitors without bashing said competitor. A good sales person that is selling a good product does not need to bash another's.

Rob

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:20 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member

The only thing I would change is the ignition. I used the Dana ignition on my conversion and I loved it. It's programmable, You can set the timeing for the front and rear cylinder indipendantly of each other. Other than that, you have a good sound setup.Don't worry about that poor excuse for an oxygen user, Heshoould be stayed away from. He gives "wrenches" a bad name.

Old 05-20-2008 | 01:37 PM
EricM
|
Cruiser

Well in that case what are some other good programmable modules? And where are some reputable shops in my area? I live in the Atlanta Georgia area.

Old 05-21-2008 | 12:01 PM
Stefan
Road Master

I think that shops reputation needs a re-evaluation. The guy sounds like a douche bag know-nothing ***** and didn't really help you AT ALL.

And just from what I'm seeing...it doesn't look like you're too out of whack.
Ditch your headders w/ the crossover, it is blocking your flow at WOT. A couple of searches on the site will show you that I am a 2 into 1 fan but many here like the look of 2 into 2 better than getting the gains of a good header system.

Old 05-26-2008 | 07:20 PM
EricM
|
Cruiser
Default RE: mini rant!!1 UPDATE!

Just wanted to let you guys know. I picked up a TC88A on ebay and will be getting it tuned sometime this week. I will give you another update when I get the new numbers. Thanks for the help!

Eric

Old 11-09-2009 | 10:39 PM
EricM
|
Cruiser

I was just bored and going through my old posts and ran across this one back when I didn't know much about my bike ( I know a little bit more now). It looks like I left off with just purchasing a TC88A. I have since had it dynoed again with the module but only "tuned" with the settings on the module ( I have since gone with one of Turbota's maps) This is the "new" (year old) dyno. I picked up some good numbers but had to fix a slipping clutch with a new SE diaphram spring. I have yet to get it redynoed with the fixed clutch and Turbota's map. Enjoy...and yes I went back to the same guy but only dealt with the dyno guy who was much nicer. A local HD dealer recently got a dyno so I will probably take it to them the next time I get some spare coin.

Upon further reading of my old posts, I found were I did update you guys with the new dyno but It didn't go very far so feel free to disregard or talk about the sheet.

Last edited by EricM; 11-09-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2009 | 01:14 AM
fastkevin
Tourer

Originally Posted by EricM
Well this guy isn't a dealer. I don't know why the dyno didn't have an air/fuel ratio on it. A dyno is useless without it.
Absolutely! I'd pull the rip-cord on using that place, and find another that has the proper equipment. First thing you want is to get your jetting down right. Then you can play with your cam timing etc..to get the power curve you want.

Quick Reply: mini rant!!1 UPDATE!